This award, sponsored by TasWater is designed to provide encouragement to young water industry employees by recognising excellent performance, initiative and all round attention to detail.
As award sponsor, TasWater invites all employees to nominate appropriate “young operations staff” of network systems or water or wastewater treatment facilities to be considered for the Award.
To be eligible for consideration the nominees:
- Must be employed in an operational role in the Tasmanian water industry and be aged under 30 years
- Must have been employed in the water industry for less than 5 years.
Nominations are judged on the basis of submissions covering:
- Commitment to and demonstrating a strong OHS ethic in all work performed
- Commitment to undertaking training and then implementation of skills learned into the workplace
- Commitment to team work and following enterprise SOP’s etc.
- Commitment to meeting Corporation and regulatory requirements in the course of all work
- Demonstrated use of initiative or suggestions leading to efficiency or safety improvements
- Any other relevant industry based achievements.
The completed applications are judged by an independent panel nominated by the Water Industry Operators Association of Australia (WIOA) and the winner of the Tasmanian Young Operator of the Year Award will be announced.
The winner receives a perpetual trophy to keep for 12 months plus a personal trophy to keep permanently. The winner will also join the WIOA operator delegation on their annual trip to New Zealand for a study tour and to participate in the WIOG NZ operations conference.