State based WIOA Advisory Committees are vital to provide members the opportunity to actively participate in the direction of WIOA in their state and to become more engaged with their association. The events conducted by the Advisory Committees provide a great networking opportunity for members and allow attendees to meet other operators and increase their knowledge and skills.
The WIOA Advisory Committees assist to undertake a range of functions such as:
- Identifying the types, range and scope of services and events considered appropriate for water industry operational staff
- Assisting with the organisation, promotion and staging of events
- Providing state based information for inclusion in WIOA publications
- Encourage participation and knowledge sharing with water industry related personnel employed in the private sector
- Source papers, posters articles and presentations that should be shared with the industry at WIOA events