Casino – NSW wins Ixom 2021 Best Tasting Tap Water in Australia
Australia’s best tasting tap water was decided on Thursday 20 January 2022, when WIOA with great support from TasWater hosted the Ixom 2021 Best Tasting Tap Water in Australia competition, putting interstate rivalry to the ultimate test.
Water authorities from various regional and metropolitan areas around Australia have participated in state competitions and now the state winners will go head to head for the national title and the chance to represent Australia at the annual Berkeley Springs International Water Tasting Competition held in West Virginia, USA.
The competition was streamed online via zoom and Facebook with our judging panel in Hobart, the home state of the last years winner was from the Rossarden Water Treatment Plant in Tasmania.
The Casino sample will now head to the USA and represent Australia at the Berkeley Springs International Water Tasting Competition.
Photos & Footage for use : 2021 Taste Tests
State representatives that competed for the ultimate prize:
- ACT/NSW – Richmond Valley Council – Casino Water Treatment Plant
- SA – SA Water /SUEZ – Anstey Hill Water Treatment Plant
- WA – Water Corporation – Wyndham Water Treatment Plant
- VIC – Westernport Water – Ian Bartlett Water Purification Plant
- TAS – TasWater – Rocky CreekWater Treatment Plant
- QLD – Mackay Regional Council – Marian Water Treatment Plant