Website Mackay Regional Council
Working throughout various locations in the Mackay Regional Council area. We are seeking a highly experienced Water Treatment Plant Operator to join the team on a Permanent Fulltime basis. Candidates who hold a current Certificate III in Water Treatment Plant Operations or Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations, Candidates with Dual Certificate will be highly regarded.
You will be required to carry out the continuous operation, maintenance and monitoring of the Mackay Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants in accordance with regulatory requirements such as the Environmental Protection Act, Environment Licences, Public Health Act and Drinking Water Quality and Recycled Water Management Plans.
Applicants must have the ability to perform after hours work on an on-call and call-out basis throughout the Mackay region.
In return for your valued contribution, you will be rewarded with;
- Annualised Salary range from $89,202 – $95,842 (dependent on experience and qualifications of the successful applicants) which includes the annualised over time allowance.
- Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Choice of 4 or 5 weeks’ annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- May be eligible for salary sacrificing options
- Membership to lifestyle benefits program including corporate discounts
- Study and assistance programs for career development
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
Essential Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Highly developed competence operating and maintaining essential process plant such as disinfection systems to produce water or effluent quality that meets relevant Australian guidelines.
- Significant knowledge of the operation, maintenance and monitoring of water and wastewater treatment, (coagulation and flocculation, sedimentation, filtration, disinfection, and biological treatment) systems.
- Significant knowledge of the operation, maintenance and monitoring of groundwater systems and treatment.
- Previous experience working within a wastewater treatment plant OR equivalent experience
- Current QLD ‘C’ class Driver’s licence
- Certificate III in Water Treatment Plant Operations or Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations, Candidates with Dual Certificate will be highly regarded
- General Construction Safety White Card
- Current self-contained breathing apparatus certificate
- Current First Aid certificate or ability to obtain.
For more information, please review the position descriptions in the download section of this vacancy
“Council is committed to the safety of its employees and requires an immunisation program for identified roles. The successful applicant will be required to attend a post-employment immunisation assessment, by a health practitioner nominated and paid for by the Council.”
For a Position Description and information on how to apply please visit https://vacancies.mackay.qld.gov.au/MRC_ER/VacancyList.aspx
For us to assess if you are the one we are searching for, it is mandatory that you submit your resume, a cover letter and a full statement addressing the selection criteria. The selection criteria can be found on the Position Description, available to be downloaded from the vacancy on Council’s website.
Applications Close: 11th August 2022
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to all opportunities available. At Mackay Regional Council, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognises the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees, working together to deliver extraordinary results.
To apply for this job please visit mackay.qld.gov.au.