Website Central Highlands Regional Council
Central Highlands Regional Council are seeking proactive and reliable Assistant Network Operator to work within our dynamic team in the Emerald Region. As a member of council’s Infrastructure and Utilities team, this position is responsible for performing a range of labouring duties and assisting tradesman with the planned or responsive activities to ensure the ongoing supply of essential water and wastewater service to our local communities.
In this exciting role, you will be a valued member of a well-established team and have the opportunity to develop your skills within a supportive environment.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to possess:
- Experience in a similar labouring or trades assistant role with a willingness and ability to complete manual labouring activities
- Willingness and ability to participate in an ‘on call’ roster
- A proactive and results driven approach to tasks
- Ability to work autonomously and within a diverse team
- Current Queensland Car Licence
- Construction White Card
- Willingness to undertake Cert III Network Operations, or Water Industry Worker Certificate
Having the following licences/tickets are not essential, but would be beneficial:
- MR or HR Vehicle Licence
- Excavator ticket/statement of attainment
- Traffic control accreditation
- Certificates in asbestos, confined space, working at heights, trenching
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Infrastructure and Utilities team, then we’d like to hear from you.
Working for Central Highlands Region has its benefits.
We are a progressive region, committed in creating opportunities for all. We welcome forward thinking individuals who are focused on continuous improvement, a sustainable future and understand the valuable role we play in investing in our regional community.
- A generous superannuation scheme – up to 19.25% for employees contributing 6% (conditions apply)
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Annual PPE and uniform allocation
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to work a 9 day fortnight
How to apply:
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from diverse backgrounds.
To be considered for this position, please include the following documents:
- Your resume detailing your career history relevant for this position.
Applicants who meet the mandatory requirements will be considered for this position.
To be appointed to a position within the Central Highlands Regional Council, you must be an Australian citizen, or have permanent residency status, or hold a visa permitting you to work in Australia permanently.
The pre-employment checks relevant to this position include:
- Right to Work in Australia
- Reference checks
Applications close: Friday 03 February 2023, 0800.
To apply for this job please visit central-highlands-external.applynow.net.au.