Website Central Coast Council
“YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE”
Primary Work Location: Central Coast, NSW
- Use your skills and experience to serve your local community
- Live and work on the beautiful Central Coast of NSW
- Work/Life Balance – 9 day fortnight
- Permanent Full Time positions
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Council is committed to providing safe environments that protect the physical, emotional, cultural and social wellbeing of children on the Central Coast.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour’s drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
The Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator is responsible for the operation and maintenance of Council’s Wastewater Treatment Plants, ensuring that regulations in this industry are maintained and adhered to.
The role will see you sampling water, managing process exceptions, cleaning and maintaining plant and equipment and performing preventative and scheduled maintenance.
This position is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Key activities of this role include:
- Operation and maintenance of Wastewater & Recycled Water Treatment Plants
- Assist in managing the performance of Odour Control Systems at various Catchment Pump Stations
- Manage and optimise treatment performance through collection and analysis of samples and review of treatment performance data
- You are committed to providing quality service to the treatment of Wastewater to aid in community water quality
- You are experienced and skilled in Wastewater treatment or have Recognised Wastewater Operations qualifications or willing to obtain
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others
- Having a work/life balance is important to you
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community
- You’ll be joining a team of professional Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators who excel at what they do
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation
What we offer:
- Weekly pay cycle
- Generous Leave Provisions: 20 days paid Annual Leave, 15 days Sick Leave/Carers Leave, Health & Wellbeing Leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, Additional purchased leave, Parental Leave – 18 weeks full pay/36 weeks ½ pay, Paternity Leave – 2 weeks
- Novated Leasing
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to employees and their families
- Fitness Passport – access to gyms across the Central Coast and Newcastle
- Health & Wellbeing programs – skin cancer screening, Breastscreen, Flu vaccination, blood donations
- Recognition of Service
- Council Child Care Salary Sacrifice
- Professional Development opportunities
- Individual career development and learning opportunities
- Reward & Recognition programs.
Please refer to the Position Description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a commencing salary range of between $58.8k to $70.6k per annum dependent on skills and experience + 10.5% superannuation + $17.00 weekly allowance.
A 9 day fortnight work-cycle currently applies to this role.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake a course of vaccinations against Hepatitis A and B and Tetanus or demonstrate their immunity.
Central Coast Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of our employees. In accordance with Council’s WHS requirements and COVID-19 Safety Plans we require all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake and pass a Confined Spaces medical.
Enquiries: Greg Hamill – Team Leader Wastewater on 0417 676 942
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Sunday 18 June 2023. Please note that Council will be progressively reviewing applications as they are submitted
To apply for this job please visit centralcoast.applynow.net.au.