Website Gippsland Water
Permanent full time position
Starting salary $62,943 plus superannuation
Gippsland Water takes pride in its place in the Gippsland community. We are a quality essential service and support the health, safety and wellbeing of our community and staff. We are one of the critical stakeholders in the region, working towards a prosperous Gippsland.
We are growing, innovative and committed to ensuring that Gippsland Water remains a great place to work. We do this by:
• Offering a flexible and stimulating workplace and investing in our people to enable us to adapt to the changing needs of our region.
• Building the capability and culture of our people into a more highly skilled, professional, customer focused and efficient organisation.
We also provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Gippsland Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Our Gippsland Water Factory treats domestic waste and industrial waste from various industries in our community. It uses new and advanced technologies and apart from treating wastewater, the plant produces recycled water which is beneficially used in local industry.
In this role, you’ll be part of the team responsible for the day to day operation of the Gippsland Water Factory to ensure that wastewater is suitable for recycling or release to the environment within regulatory and industry guidelines and standards. You’ll be committed to working and maintaining a safe workplace for not only yourself but also contractors and site visitors, plus you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the newest technologies in wastewater treatment.
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
• Demonstrated operational skills and knowledge
• Ability to adapt to changing legislative and operational environments
• Well-developed communication skills using written, verbal, numerical and graphical techniques
• Ability to utilise complex and critical problem solving techniques
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a safety focused team
What you’ll bring
• Literacy and numeracy skills for accurate completion of work-related documentation
• Strong planning and communication skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
• Knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures
• Highly developed communications skills
• A strong team based approach to achieve goals, support and motivate others and manage relationships
We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations and accrued days off. We understand that Gippsland Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
How to apply
For specific enquiries relating to this position, please contact Michael Tulloch, Gippsland Water Factory Senior Operator on 0467 000 455.
Applications close at 9 am on Monday 5 July 2021.
Before applying for the position applicants should read the position description and included selection criteria. All applicants need to provide a statement addressing all selection criteria along with a copy of your current resume to be considered for this position.
Please note that if you do not fully address the selection criteria you may be excluded from being shortlisted for further progression in the recruitment process.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and a National Police Check.
Further information: A position description and instructions on how to apply can be obtained from our website www.gippswater.com.au/careers or by contacting Recruitment on 03 5177 4709.
To apply for this job please visit www.gippswater.com.au.