Website Central Coast Council
“YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE”
Primary Work Location: Erina, NSW
- Use your SCADA expertise to support the organisation
- Work/Life Balance – 9 day fortnight with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available
- Permanent Full Time
- Leaseback Vehicle/Vehicle Allowance
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Council is committed to providing safe environments that protect the physical, emotional, cultural and social wellbeing of children on the Central Coast.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour’s drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Central Coast Council is the third largest water utility (or water and sewage service) in NSW servicing 139,000 homes and businesses in a growing region.
The role of SCADA Engineer provides administration, security, operation and telecommunication support services to others on Council’s SCADA, automation and telemetry networks. The position is responsible for assisting employees and management to align strategic, operational and organisational objectives in designated business units.
This will be achieved through the provision of services with the support of a specialised team to undertake SCADA, automation & network administration/security functions; configuration of telecommunication systems including point to multi point telemetry repeaters and IP backhaul networks; telemetry system design, installation, commissioning and maintenance, PLC/RTU software development, commissioning and maintenance.
This position is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Key activities of this role include:
- Telemetry and network system design, installation and maintenance
- Technical support to operational field staff
- Preparation of technical specifications
- You will be experienced in telemetry system design, installation and maintenance
- You will bring knowledge in SCADA and HMI programming, configuration, testing and commissioning
- You will be highly skilled in problem solving and implementing innovative solutions
- You will be highly organised and a great communicator
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others
- Having a work/life balance is important to you
What we offer:
- Weekly pay cycle
- Generous leave provisions: 20 days paid Annual Leave, 15 days Sick Leave/Carers Leave, Health and Wellbeing Leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, Additional purchased leave, Parental Leave – 18 weeks full pay/36 weeks ½ pay, Paternity Leave – 2 weeks
- Novated leasing
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to employees and their families
- Fitness Passport – access to gyms across the Central Coast and Newcastle
- Health and wellbeing programs – skin cancer screening, Breastscreen, Flu vaccination, blood donations
- Recognition of service
- Council Child Care salary sacrifice
- Professional Development opportunities
- Individual career development and learning opportunities
- Reward & Recognition programs.
Please refer to the position description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a commencing salary range of between $92.1k to $108.3k per annum + dependent on skills and experience + 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance + 10.5% superannuation.
A leaseback vehicle is provided in this role for official duties and private use and your choice of vehicle will be provided when one becomes available in accordance with Council’s Vehicle Policy. In the meantime, either an alternate pre-used vehicle or a vehicle allowance of $165 per week ($8,580 per annum) is temporarily applied for this position due to ongoing issues with supply for new vehicles.
Successful candidates may be required to undertake a course of vaccinations against Hepatitis B and Tetanus or demonstrate their immunity.
Central Coast Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of our employees. In accordance with Council’s WHS requirements and COVID-19 Safety Plans we require all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Enquiries: Gary O’Keefe – Team Leader SCADA Engineer on 0419 821 106
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at midnight on Sunday 4 June 2023.
To apply for this job please visit centralcoast.applynow.net.au.