LEADING WATER INDUSTRY MEMBER ASSOCIATION FOR PEOPLE UNDERTAKING OPERATIONAL ROLES IN THE WATER INDUSTRY
DEVELOPING ORGANISATION WITH A NATIONAL FOCUS
VARIOUS PROJECTS & TECHNICAL POSITION
Print Advertisement (PDF)
The Water Industry Operators Association of Australia (WIOA) is seeking a competent, passionate and energetic individual to provide technical input and expertise across a range of the Associations activities. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, a main objective of the position is to maintain and build on the present activities and Member services in order to achieve WIOA’s objectives and meet the Association’s strategic vision, mission and goals.
The position is full time and an attractive remuneration package, including a fully maintained company vehicle, will be negotiated with the suitable applicant.
Position Description (PDF)
Conditions of Employment (PDF)
- Assist with the organisation and management of existing and new Member services and events. This will include printed material in the journal and newsletters; operational resource materials; conference and seminar programs; Interest Days; and the website.
- Assist with the development and implementation of WIOA’s Operator Certification Scheme and Continuing Professional Development processes.
- Take an active role in assisting to determine the needs and requirements of Members. Within the budget and strategic plan, develop and provide services and events to meet the identified needs.
- Grow our membership base and identify opportunities which will make it more attractive for all Members, potential members and stakeholders to increase their level of engagement with WIOA.
- Assist other WIOA staff and volunteers in the organisation and delivery of various conferences and events in accordance with the strategic plan.
You are very passionate about making a difference in the operational side of the water industry. To be successful, you will have:
- Appropriate qualifications or significant operational experience to conduct a range of projects in the water industry;
- Strongly developed and proven understanding of technical issues in a water industry operational context;
- High level verbal and written communication skills which are adaptable for a range of audiences;
- High level of motivation to deliver services and programs for the betterment of all water industry operational employees;
- Effective leadership skills to inspire and motivate teamwork to achieve shared goals;
- Capacity to develop appropriate and constructive relationships both internally and externally;
- Capacity to work independently or as part of a cohesive team depending on circumstances, in order to meet individual or team objectives;
- Capacity to contribute effectively to the organisation’s strategic planning process;
- Ability to successfully manage a range of projects with high work volumes and multiple priorities, within set budgets;
- Ability to manage competing demands within limited time frames.
Why the Water Industry Operators Association of Australia?
By joining WIOA, you will be part of a small but cohesive, creative, innovative and committed team who are passionate about making a difference in the operational sector of the water industry. This role provides a national focus, frequent travel and there will be ample opportunity to raise your profile and have a direct impact on the delivery of the Association’s business objectives.
How to Apply
Applicants should provide:
- Covering letter
- Resume with 2 references
- Response to the Key Selection Criteria
Submit your application to:
Mr Craig Mathisen
WIOA Chief Operations Officer
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Friday 1 March 2019 at 5.00pm ADST.
If you would like to discuss your suitability for the role, please contact Craig on 0457 846 008 or by email email@example.com
WIOA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.