WIOA TALKS are available to members only – if you are not a WIOA member sign up now
WIOA invites members to join us for a People & Culture webinar on Mentoring in the Water Industry
In this month’s webinar we will hear from the perspective of a mentor, a mentee and a program manager, on the opportunities and benefits that can be gained through mentoring schemes. Throughout the webinar there will be an opportunity to provide comments, via online chat and Q&A, on:
- What makes a successful mentoring program?
- What are the characteristics that make for a good mentor and mentee?
- What are the challenges and barriers to an industry-wide operator mentoring program?
WIOA Talks Program:
- Experiences as a mentee and program manager (Celeste Ward, Stantec, AWA YWP mentoring program)
- Perspectives from a mentee (Ben Thwaites, SA Water, WaterRA mentoring program)
- Perspectives from a mentor (Kathy Northcott, WIOA, University of Melbourne Engineering Student mentoring program)
Registration is available to the first 100 members to register and attendees will be contacted with the login instructions, in the lead-up to the event.
The webinar will use the Adobe Connect platform and may require an installation process.