Website Simmonds & Bristow
Water / Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators
About the business
Simmonds and Bristow (Est 1965) is a well-recognised, long term stable and Covid resilient water industry service provider delivering Plant Operations and Maintenance, Relief Operators, Engineering & Scientific Advice and Operator and EHO training (as an RTO – 1735) based at Rocklea in Brisbane.
We help people make good clean water throughout Australia, with special emphasis on looking after small and remote communities; from mines, industry and resorts, to rural towns and indigenous communities.
About the role
We are looking for Water / Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators with Chlorine Gas Handling Certification to help service a regional New South Wales council facility on a fixed-term contract from September until end of December 2021. Roster 4 Weeks on / 2 Weeks off.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Must hold a Certificate III in Water Operations, or above, or equivalent.
• Experience in operating/maintaining water and waste water treatment plants.
• Maintenance and Calibration of field equipment (dissolved oxygen meters, field analyses and pH meters).
• Assist in the preparation of Operation and Maintenance Manuals for Water and Wastewater Treatment plant operation and sampling activities.
• Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with our safety policy and procedures.
• Will hold themselves to high professional standards and be a self-starter.
• The ability to communicate effectively with management and liaise with clients is important, as is a flexible attitude to work hours.
• Calm, systematic and logical approach to problem-solving
• Ability to work independently
• Willing to provide on-call coverage, respond to call-outs and do additional O/T if needed.
• Good written and spoken English plus the ability to follow procedures.
• Basic computer skills
What is highly sought after but not a requirement:
• Certificate in Plumbing or Electrical
• Operate Breathing Apparatus Certification
• Work in Confined Spaces Certification
• Chlorine Gas Handling Certification
• Working at Heights Certification
What’s on offer
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and are always looking for innovative ways to motivate and retain our team members.
• Competitive rates, variable to recognise qualifications, capability and experience;
• Opportunity for on-call and/or call-out and overtime
• A small, well-structured and Australian owned consultancy firm with over 50 years of service;
• Work in the essential services industry
• Opportunity to work, experience and travel to different sites and locations.
If you feel that you tick most of these boxes, we would like to hear from you.
A resume must be attached and Cover Letter to address the required skills and experience would be preferred.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Jamee Cook at 07 3434 3800 or email email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.