Website Maztec Industrial Solutions
Water & Wastewater Operator / Technician
Maztec Industrial Solutions Pty Ltd
Sydney, CBD Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
We have an opportunity for an experienced Trade Qualified Operator / Technician to join our young enthusiastic company and make a difference. We have just finished construction of a state-of-the-art municipal wastewater MBR plant in Sydney’s West and have a long-term contract to provide operational and maintenance services. You will become part of a close-knit, motivated team, your primary objective is to operate and maintain the water treatment plant and equipment efficiently and provide a range of support services to the business to assist it to reach operational goals. As part of a dynamic team, you will get the opportunity to grow into the role and stretch your skills and opportunities.
We need someone with a can-do attitude and a hunger for personal growth. Our experience is that you can instill knowledge into a person with the right attitude, but rarely the opposite.
If this sounds like you and you have the right qualifications, we would be very interested in meeting you to discuss a salary package commensurate with your experience.
- Monitor plant operations and assist in plant commissioning, optimisation, monitoring, recording and reporting on status or condition of plant and systems.
- Undertake first-line preventative, corrective and breakdown maintenance duties as required.
- Perform all necessary work activities to ensure a current functional Asset Management system.
- Knowledge of all plant process, maintenance and operational issues occurring on a day-to-day basis.
- Comply with the requirements of Maztec Industrial Solutions Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) and Environmental Policy Statements.
- Operation of wastewater facilities to meet agreed service levels.
- Monitor, review, and report treatment plant data to meet agreed service levels.
- Deliver testing and inspections of reservoirs, pump stations and reticulation assets to meet agreed service levels.
- Deliver construction and maintenance works on water, sewer, and associated infrastructure to meet agreed service levels.
- Promote information sharing and knowledge transfer to drive evidence-based decision-making, enhance capability and optimise capacity
- Mechanical or electrical trade- with relevant experience in energy/resource sector or manufacturing/processing facilities
- Experience in water/wastewater treatment plant operations
- Experience in the maintenance of pumps, pipelines, and other mechanical equipment
- Knowledge of water/wastewater treatment optimisation & understanding of necessary engineering practices
- Experience working with instrumentation, electrical control, and SCADA systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Software (Word, Excel)
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Robust fault-finding, problem-solving, & decision-making abilities
- Strong safety focus with a proactive approach to improving safety and risk management
- Must hold a Certificate III in Water Operations (or greater), or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Experience in operating/maintaining water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Maintenance and Calibration of field equipment (dissolved oxygen meters, field analyses and pH meters).
- The ability to communicate effectively with management and liaise with clients is important, as is a flexible attitude to work hours.
- Calm, systematic, and logical approach to alarm responses & problem-solving
- Ability to work independently
- Willing to provide on-call coverage, respond to callouts.
- Good written and spoken English plus the ability to follow procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex issues through investigation, negotiation, and the application of sound judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend aquatic science, biological and chemical processes.
- Previous experience working with a telemetry system (e.g., SCADA).
- Confined Space Certification.
- White Card
- Senior First Aid
To submit an application for this position please visit the Seek Website
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.