Website Gippsland Water
Permanent full time position
Starting salary $66,796 plus superannuation
We take pride in our place in the Gippsland community. We are a quality essential service and support the health, safety and wellbeing of our community and staff. We are a significant employer in the region, working closely with our stakeholders towards an increasingly prosperous Gippsland.
We are innovative and committed to ensuring that Gippsland Water remains a great place to work. We do this by:
- Offering a flexible and stimulating workplace and investing in our people to enable us to adapt to the changing needs of our business and our region.
- Building the capability and culture of our people into a more highly skilled, professional, customer focused and efficient organisation.
- Building a diverse and inclusive organisation, where our people feel safe to bring their full and authentic self to work.
We also provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Gippsland Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
In this role you’ll use your sound process control, chemical and mechanical know how to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water to our customers. Because water is essential for life and we care about providing high quality drinking water, we use industry leading systems with multi barrier approaches to ensure we provide a top drop every time you turn on the tap.
You’ll have an enthusiasm and passion for public health as you’ll directly contribute to your community by the water we provide. Working in a geographically diverse team, your “can do” attitude and attention to detail will see you thrive as you work in and maintain our water treatment facilities and adopt an innovative approach when solving operational problems.
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated experience in the safe operation and maintenance of Water or other Processing Facilities.
- A sound understanding of Multi Barrier Risk Management Principals.
- A willingness to adopt new technology or processes to solve operational problems.
- An ability to work safely and effectively even when alone and unsupervised.
We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations and accrued days off. We understand that Gippsland Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
How to apply
For specific enquiries relating to this position, please contact Jason Potts, Senior Water Treatment Lead on 0400 744 440.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Before applying for the position, applicants should read the position description and included selection criteria. All applicants need to provide a copy of their current resume and a statement addressing the following selection criteria:
- Evidence of satisfactory knowledge and experience of safe operations and maintenance works associated with Water Facilities (including treatment process steps, storage, transfer and distribution to customers).
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Principals associated with the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines and Safe Drinking Water Act and Guidelines including compliance requirements applicable to water treatment facilities and why they are required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve operational problems.
- Demonstrated ability to use self-motivation and self-discipline to manage time effectively when working alone and unsupervised.
- Demonstrated literacy and numeracy skills with the ability to interpret graphical information.
Please note that if you do not fully address the selection criteria you may be excluded from being shortlisted for further progression in the recruitment process.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and a National Police Check.
Further information: A position description and instructions on how to apply can be obtained from our website www.gippswater.com.au/careers or by contacting Recruitment on 03 5177 4709.
To apply for this job please visit www.gippswater.com.au.