Website Service Stream
Based in the vibrant city of Bendigo, Victoria these roles will suit someone with a great attitude and work ethic. Prior relevant experience in a similar industry or role are highly regarded.
This is open to applicants who are either experienced, have a key skills/experience that would compliment the position or people that have a genuine interest in pursuing a new, exciting and rewarding career.
About the Role
This opportunity will suit a highly motivated and outcome driven individual who has a passion for delivering positive client outcomes, and a knack for effective stakeholder engagement.
Key Selling Points
- Secure, long standing and progressive business
- Permanent, full time position with generous salary package with over time opportunities
- Employee rewards program and employee discounts across hundreds of business such as Woolsworth, Air BNB, The Iconic, JB HI-FI, Dan Murphys, Bupa Health Care, Specsavers and many more!
- Parental, Cultural, Community Service, Study and Corporate Volunteering along with purchased leave available
- Free wellbeing support available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with our qualified assistance program to help manage all of life’s complexities
for you and your immediate family
- Free professional, Financial and Legal Support
- Inclusive and safety-first culture
- Variety of work across numerous exciting projects
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Operate water and/or wastewater treatment plants, providing drinking water for our community and also treating wastewater for the benefit of our environment
- Ensuring our equipment is maintained according to schedule and carrying out a range of tests and analysis on our biochemical treatment processes. Taking pride in our workplace and helping to maintain site security and a safe workplace.
- Utilising remote asset performance systems (e.g. SCADA etc) to help keep our plants doing what they do best
- Getting your hands (gloves) dirty in assisting with the minor maintenance of our pipes and pumps, our valves and other fascinating mechanical moving parts at the treatment plant site.
- Dealing with things as they go ‘south” Emergency support and alarm response are just two of the triggers for a call to Action Stations during incidents or emergencies.
- Keeping yourself safe, maintaining a safe workplace, and keeping everybody else around you, or on the site, safe. It’s all about “Safe
- Making things better, every day a step forward from the day before. Living and breathing Continuous Improvement.
- An integral part of a team of dedicate professionals, working together in delivery of a great service, producing great outcomes; this is an integral requirement of this role.
- Work doesn’t just stop at 5:00 pm! The 24/7 aspects of the service provide a great opportunity to continue to deliver great outcomes through an On Call roster to deal with those out of hours issues and obligations.
If you haven’t done already, we’d really want to help you complete a Certificate IV Water Industry Treatment qualification. We’d be looking for people ready, willing, and able to work with us in developing your skill set and capabilities.
Qualifications – Essential
- Cert III or other recognized study and training in any relevant field – Essential
- A full Australian Drivers Licence – Essential
- Mechanical or Electrical Trade – Desirable
Experience – Desirable
- We’d really like you to know how to run a treatment plant, or at least know the basics. We can teach you how they work and how they need to be looked after and maintained, but the more you know already, the better your application is going to look. It would also be beneficial to know how both the sewer collection and water distribution networks do their stuff.
- Water and wastewater treatment are really important players in maintaining people’s health and wellbeing. Knowing how the regulations work, and who the regulators are, will stand you in good stead.
- And here’s the science bit, onsite lab testing for a range of (fairly) simple laboratory tests will need to be in your repertoire. We can train you, but the more you know already, the better it looks!
- There’s a computer or tablet with most jobs nowadays, you will need to be proficient in how to use one, along with all the Microsoft favourites, such as Word & Excel. Plus there’s Asset Management software that we use to manage our workflows
- And if you already know, or have experience using SCADA, we’d really like to see that too.
- Great Communicator
- Ability to work with multifunctional teams
- Customer centric focus
- Ability to work autonomously
- Energetic with a naturally positive mindset.
- Resilience and a good sense of humour is essential.
Why Work for Us?
Service Stream are forever changing, growing and adapting to ensure we remain a leading services provider within the Utilities industries – providing new challenges and development opportunities for our teams. We value our employees and their success.
- Benefits of joining us:
- Focus on reward and recognition
- Flexible location
- Supportive team environment
ServiceStream, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading national service provider to develop and operate Australia’s essential communications, energy and water networks in the telecommunications, utilities and transport industries. We specialise in the design, construction and maintenance of new and existing networks, and deliver end-to-end engineering and asset management solutions on behalf of our blue-chip client base.
ServiceStream is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, LGBTQI and other diverse groups to strengthen relationships and benefit our people, clients, and communities.
ServiceStream are a signatory to the Veterans Employment Commitment. We value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and their partners and will strongly consider veterans who meet the key criteria for our employment opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit servicestream.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.