Website Mackay Regional Council
Join Our Dynamic Water Treatment Team in Mackay!
Are you passionate about delivering top-notch water quality? Do you have what it takes to ensure Mackay’s water stands out as the “Best of the Best”? If so, we want you on our team! Mackay Regional Council is on the hunt for a seasoned Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator to come aboard on a Permanent Fulltime basis to help deliver essential water and sewage services across our region.
Why Choose Us?
You will play a key role in a team that ensures the effective and efficient operation of eleven water supply schemes, four sewerage schemes, and three recycled water schemes.
We’ve been consistently recognised as the crème de la crème of water quality in Queensland. In fact, we’ve clinched the prestigious ‘Best of the Best’ title at the QLD Water Annual Forum for 4 of the last 5 years:
- 2022 – Nebo Rd WTP
- 2021 – Marian WTP
- 2020 – A close second (narrowly edged out by Livingstone Shire Council)
- 2019 – Marian WTP
- 2018 – Nebo Rd WTP
Mackay Water is a champion of quality, and we’re looking for someone like you to help us maintain this impressive record.
What’s in It for You?
In return for your invaluable expertise, we offer a competitive package that includes:
- An annualised salary ranging from $90,917 to $98,845 (contingent on your experience and qualifications)
- Up to 18% superannuation (subject to conditions)
- The choice of 4 or 5 weeks’ annual leave with a 17.5% leave loading
- Eligibility for salary sacrificing options
- Access to our lifestyle benefits program with corporate discounts
- Opportunities for career development through study and assistance programs
- Ongoing learning and growth opportunities
- An Employee Assistance Program for your well-being
- Initiatives to support your health and well-being
To thrive in this role, you’ll need the following:
- A current QLD ‘C’ class Driver’s license
- A Certificate III in Water Treatment Plant Operations or Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations (Dual Certificate holders are highly regarded)
- General Construction Safety White Card
- A current self-contained breathing apparatus certificate
- Proficiency in operating and maintaining critical process plants, including disinfection systems, to ensure water or effluent quality adheres to Australian guidelines
- Extensive knowledge of water and wastewater treatment, encompassing coagulation and flocculation, sedimentation, filtration, disinfection, and biological treatment systems
- In-depth familiarity with groundwater systems and treatment processes
- A current First Aid certificate or the ability to obtain one
- Previous experience in a wastewater treatment plant or equivalent experience
Additionally, you should be prepared for after-hours work on an on-call and call-out basis throughout the Mackay region.
If you’re ready to make waves and be part of a winning team, apply today and help us maintain Mackay’s reputation for exceptional water quality!
“Council is committed to the safety of its employees and requires an immunisation program for identified roles. The successful applicant will be required to attend a post-employment immunisation assessment, by a health practitioner nominated and paid for by the Council.”
For us to assess if you are the one, we are searching for, it is mandatory that you submit your cover letter outlining your experience and a current resume.
For a Position Description and information on how to apply please visit https://vacancies.mackay.qld.gov.au/MRC_ER/VacancyList.aspx
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, the position may close earlier than expected. Submit your application today to avoid missing out on this fantastic career prospect.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to all opportunities available. At Mackay Regional Council, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognises the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees, working together to deliver extraordinary results.
YouTube video on Marian Water Treatment Plant Presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pODSgfE38eA
To apply for this job please visit vacancies.mackay.qld.gov.au.