Website Western Downs Regional Council
Water Sewerage Operator – Dalby, Queensland
A region the size of Tasmania, just 2.5 hours west of Brisbane and an easy drive from the Sunshine and Gold Coasts, the Western Downs has a growing population of over 34,000 people.
The region’s diverse economy, vibrant active communities and the extensive infrastructure and multi-billion dollar energy investments are ensuring that the Western Downs continues to go from strength-to-strength.
Western Downs Regional Council is one of only a handful of Council’s in the state of Queensland to be debt-free.
Council is very proud of this immense achievement which it had been working towards since 2015, proving itself to be one of the most financially prudent Councils in Queensland.
About the Role
Based in Dalby, you will be part of the Utilities Water Treatment team responsible for maintaining the community water supply and sewerage treatment facilities. This role is suited for those who hold a Certificate III in Water Industry Treatment.
Reporting to the Utilities Supervisor, you will:
• perform a variety of maintenance, operational and administrative tasks associated with day to day functions of operating a water treatment plant; and
• assist in the day to day operation, maintenance and monitoring of water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants, desalination plants and associated infrastructure.
The successful applicant will:
• have a Certificate III in Water Operations;
• have good time management skills and the capability to complete allocated tasks while working within a team;
• be physically fit; enjoy manual labour and applying technical knowledge; and
• be prepared to undertake a pre-employment medical and receive the appropriate inoculations.
What we offer:
• Work/life balance with 9 day fortnight
• Relocation assistance of $5,000 may be approved for the successful candidate if relocating to the region
• Access to Corporate Health Plan
• Health & Wellbeing program
• Locality allowance
• Job security in a local government position
• Living in the Western Downs
If you enjoy working in a team and have the energy and passion for providing exceptional service to our community, this role is for you. TOGETHER WE MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE.
WDRC require each candidate for this position to complete a Pre-Employment Questionnaire (see below). Please upload your completed questionnaire in the qualifications section at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this position.
Applications close at 9:00am AEST on Thursday 13 May 2021.
The recruitment process may include candidates completing a pre-employment health declaration and you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
Applicants for this position agree to WDRC conducting an independent employment check with your current (or most recent) employer prior to your formal appointment to the advertised position.
WDRC reserves the right to close or withdraw vacancies before the advertised closing date, or extend the closing date, without prior notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.ezisuite.net.