Wagga Wagga City Council is seeking a self-motivated with a high level of interest in all areas of waste water reclamation and project management.
• Remuneration of $2,439.30 gpf + superannuation
• Access to Councils Flexible Working Hours Agreement
• Training and development opportunities
• Generous leave entitlements
Your new role:
In this role, you will assist the Water Reclamation Coordinator to ensure high quality maintenance and day to day operation of Council’s sewage treatment plants including effluent reuse, bio-solids management and associated infrastructure and services.
Key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
• Operate and maintain Council’s sewage treatment plants at Forest Hill, Mangoplah, Collingullie, Uranquinty and Tarcutta;
• Support the Water Reclamation Coordinator in providing guidance, direction and support to the Contract Operators who operate the Bomen, Narrung and Kooringal Sewage Treatment Plants. This will include being trained by the Contract Operator at these sites;
• Assist with Environmental Protection Licence and Benchmark reporting requirements; and
• The supervision of Environmental Assets Attendant.
What you will need to succeed:
We are looking for someone with:
Tertiary qualifications relevant to the role;
• Substantial experience in sewage treatment plant operations, weed spraying, pipeline laying/fitting/welding;
• Demonstrated experience in the supervision of staff and contractors;
• Experience operating small plant (e.g. lawn mower, bobcat, trencher, tractor);
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills as well as time management, planning and computer skills.
What you need to do now:
All applications must include three (3) documents:
• Current covering letter,
• Current resume, and
• Statement addressing the position criteria contained within the Position Description (A template has been provided below for use within applications).
What is next?
Applications close Thursday 30 May 2019 @ midnight AEST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday 10 June 2019.
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Stephen McKay on 02 6926 9465.