Website Westernport Water
Water Quality & Sustainability Officer – Full Time, Contract until 25 March 2022
Band 5 ($72,683.52 to $92,412.84 per annum) plus 10% superannuation
About the Corporation
Westernport Water has transformed the way it does business. With an innovative executive and a strong commitment to its customers, it’s a great time to join the team.
In recognition of our inspirational leadership, strong employee engagement and high-performance culture, Westernport Water has been named Victorian Public Sector ‘Leading Employer’ (IPAA Awards 2018). We remain a great place to work by offering all of our employees:
- A truly flexible working environment with a range of provisions to support work/life balance
- Unique opportunities for staff to develop capability and contribute to the strategic objectives of the organisation
- Innovative systems and processes for a safe and welcoming workplace, including a highly regarded wellbeing program
- A focus on positive culture and engaged employees in alignment with our values of ‘Care, Courage and Commitment’
We are seeking enthusiastic self-starters with a ‘can do’ attitude and a genuine commitment to achieving results and delivering a high level of customer service.
About the role
Lead water catchment, water resource, integrated water planning, dam safety and water quality management strategies, plans, and performance.
Westernport Water services over 19,301 customers across an area of 300 square kilometres on Phillip Island and the mainland stretching from The Gurdies to Archies Creek.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements in the delivery of water catchment, water resource, integrated water planning, dam safety and water quality management;
- Provide assistance, technical support and expertise in water catchment, water resource, integrated water planning, dam safety and water quality to the corporation and the wider community;
- Provide specialised advice on water catchment, water resource, integrated water planning, dam safety and water quality for the development, maintenance and review of standard operating procedures and the Water Quality Strategic Plan ensuring the corporation meets its obligations under the Safe Drinking Water Act;
- Ensure water quality and risk management policy, procedures and sampling programs plans and databases are implemented and maintained to meet the requirements of the Safe Drinking Water Act and other regulatory requirements.
- Represent the corporation on external matters (such as matters reporting and follow up of non-conformances and associated remedial actions) related to water quality including liaison with Government agencies, and other Water Corporations, undertaking customer liaison and contributing to emergency management activities as required;
- Respond to customer water quality complaints as advised, conduct investigations and make recommendations for corrective actions.
- Assist with the development of environmental and product quality strategies, plans and performance to optimise the sustainable expansion and augmentation of the Corporation’s water, wastewater and gas systems;
- Review environmental and product quality compliance incidents, participate in the investigations and oversee the implementation of recommended actions;
- Assist with the Corporation’s Environment Management System (EMS), AMS and lead the Water Quality Risk Management Plan in accordance with the relevant accredited standards;
- Lead ongoing environmental and product quality compliance with our Statement of Obligations (SoO) and in line with the Compliance Management Framework;
- Lead dam safety in accordance with the principles of ANCOLD;
- Provide appropriate, adequate and timely information and reporting regarding sustainability and product performance for the Executive, Board and other regulatory requirements;
- Lead and implement a “safety first culture”, and adherence to the Westernport Water’s Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Management and Asset Management Systems;
It is a requirement of your application to specifically address the following Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Environmental Science, Chemical Engineering (process), Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
- The ability to provide specialist advice in water quality, water catchment, water resource, integrated water planning and dam safety.
- Ability to ensure regulatory compliance through management of the corporations risk management plans to meet the requirements of the Safe Drinking Water Act2003 and Safe Drinking Water Regulations 2015 and other relevant legislation.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated high level ability to work collaboratively as a part of a team to achieve team goals and targets.
- The ability to prepare complex written reports, strategies, policy and procedures, including analysis and monitoring of data and sampling results.
A full outline of duties and responsibilities can be found in the Position Description within our career portal.
You can submit your resume and covering letter outlining how you could achieve the responsibilities of the role via https://www.westernportwater.com.au/vacancies/
Applications close on 27th October 2021
Please take the time to address the Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
For further information, contact the People & Culture team at email@example.com.
Westernport Water is committed to building and maintaining a team of talented, enthusiastic people who foster a culture of inclusion and are as diverse as the community we serve. We celebrate and support differences in the workplace for the benefit of our employees and our community. We share a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
Candidates will have the opportunity to request support or reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process in order to demonstrate their ability to meet the inherent requirements of the job.
To apply for this job please visit www.westernportwater.com.au.