Website Simmonds & Bristow
Water Industry Trainer
About the business
Simmonds & Bristow are integrated water specialists helping regional, remote and small communities across Australia and the Pacific make good clean water.
Simmonds & Bristow has been built on the core belief that people, communities and the environment everywhere deserve clean water. Since 1965 our confidence in this truth has seen us grow to be the specialist in regional and remote water. We make sure both people and the environment have good clean water by providing support to: – Communities – Government – Businesses – Industry We are passionate about using science, engineering and technology to provide practical water solutions that improve life.
Check us out at www.simmondsbristow.com.au
About the role
As the Water Industry Trainer reporting directly to the Training Services Manager, you will:
• Build and maintain relationship with the learners Create session and training plans supporting students in all modes of training delivery
• Deliver and assess qualifications and units of competency under National Water Training Package
• Positively contribute to assessment validation and quality processes
• Provide a positive learning environment with support and understanding for students
• Read and interpret training packages and create and validate resources for course delivery
• Write and prepare learner resource materials
• To provide the hands-on and practical training, you will need to travel to the student’s workplace, quite often in regional and remote areas.
• All travel will be organised and paid for by the company.
Who we are looking for?
This position is ideally suited to a licenced plumber who wishes to make the step to come off of the tools and/or someone who is currently working in the water industry with a passion for water technologies and water management.
• You have a desire to instruct and develop others to become as exceptional as you are. You are patient, build trust easy with others, have the initiative to solve problems and seek information to understand students’ needs and expectations.
• You enjoy a work life balance as you travel to remote places throughout Australia and the Pacific and a bit of time in office. A typical routine is 2 weeks out then 2 weeks back to the home base to catch up with assessment / administrative paperwork.
• You work under direction not close supervision, preferring to work independently.
Skills & Experience
• Sound experience in operating/managing water supply or sewage network pipelines with working knowledge of water supply and/or sewage operations;
• Hold a Cert IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116 or TAE40110), Diploma or above qualification in adult education is definitely an advantage; but we will support you obtaining your Certificate IV before entering the instructional environment;
• Significant practical experience in water industry operations of in and above ground networks
• A background in practical engineering of water/wastewater systems or treatment plants, or trade qualified plumber, pipefitter or water industry worker;
• Experience working with indigenous communities would be an advantage;
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in English, , with a flair for making technical subjects interesting
• Competent computer skills;
• Australian permanent resident or citizen.
What’s on Offer
• A fantastic opportunity to join a group of passionate engineers, scientists, trainers and operators, helping regional and remote communities make good clean water, catchment to tap and back again;
• A small and well-structured consultancy firm with over 50 years of service to the Australian water industry;
• Take the business travel opportunity to experience new places and meet new people
• Appropriate remuneration package to reflect staff qualification and experience
• Be part of the staff profit share bonus scheme
How to apply
A resume must be attached and Cover Letter to address the required skills and experience would be preferred.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Xin Zhang or Liz Millan at 07 3434 3800, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.