Website Solo Water
- Full Time
- Location: Newcastle region, N.S.W.
- Initially based at Catherine Hill Bay located south of Newcastle.
- Potential work travel throughout Australia
Solo Water is one of only a few private water utility businesses licenced with IPART NSW providing decentralised drinking water, sewerage, recycled water and retail services direct to end use customers. Solo Water is supported by Solo Resource Recovery; a family owned and operated business supplying waste removal and recycling services throughout Australia.
We are seeking a Junior Engineer (or suitable equivalent) with relevant industry experience in the design, construction, operation and maintenance of water (potable/recycled) and wastewater systems to join an enthusiastic and growing team in the Water Utility Business.
This new role will be responsible to assist in the design, construction, operation and maintenance of our current and future schemes with the opportunity to gain a broad range of experience within the water industry. The role will be supported by experienced water and environmental engineers in addition to the existing operations team and company support resources.
To be successful in this role you must have the following attributes and experience:
- Have a positive and flexible attitude, enthusiasm and willingness to learn with the ability to work autonomously as well as contribute to group objectives;
- Good communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work within and manage construction and operations teams;
- Effective time and project management skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in Civil, Environmental or Mechanical Engineering;
- 3+ years relevant experience ideally within the water industry including water, wastewater and recycled water system design, construction, operation and maintenance;
- Experience in developing, implementing and integrating corporate systems including quality, safety and environment management systems;
- Experience in SCADA operation, automation and online monitoring desirable;
- Experience in engineering design and asset management software including AutoCAD, ArcGIS and IBM Maximo desirable;
- Ability to manage consultants and sub-contractors;
- Commitment to continuous improvement and the ability to contribute to the development and implementation of new policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Current Australian Driver Licence;
- Willing to join an ‘on-call’ roster and able to respond to after-hours call outs/work weekends (if required)
To apply, please follow the links and include:
- Cover letter outlining your water industry experience and how you would benefit Solo Water;
- Copy of your CV.
- Applications submitted without addressing the selection criteria may not be considered.
- Only Microsoft Word or PDF documents will be accepted as a suitable format for applications received.
- Only short-listed applicants will be notified. Applications close 3rd March 2024.
Contact person: Craig Heininger, Operations Manager
Contact number 1300 765 698
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and reside here currently. If successful, you may be required to undertake a police check, health assessment and drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Australian Standards and Solo Water’s procedures, as part of our pre-employment screening process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.