Website Solo Water
- Full Time
- Location: Catherine Hill Bay, N.S.W. (Coastal village in the Newcastle region)
Solo Water is one of only a few private water utility businesses licenced with IPART NSW for the supply of water and wastewater services. Solo Water is supported by Solo Resource Recovery; a family owned and operated business supplying waste removal and recycling services throughout Australia.
We are seeking a Water and Wastewater Systems Operator with relevant industry experience in the operation and maintenance of water (potable/recycled) and wastewater systems (or similar).
This role will be responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of our water (potable and recycled) and wastewater systems at Catherine Hill Bay. The role will be supported by the Operations Manager and existing Water and Wastewater Systems Operator in addition to existing company support resources.
The successful applicant will:
- Be responsible for assisting in the efficient and effective installation, operation and maintenance of the Solo Water infrastructure at Catherine Hill Bay including the potable and recycled water reticulation networks, pressure sewer network and wastewater and recycled water treatment plant (including outside of normal hours response) in accordance with the Solo Water’s Integrated Management System (IMS) and licencing requirements;
- Be responsible to support the delivery of capital works projects including the construction, installation and commissioning of new infrastructure associated with the Catherine Hill Bay water and wastewater system;
- Effectively communicate, cooperate and work with team members to create a harmonious and productive workplace;
- Be responsible for complying with Workplace Health and Safety and Environmental (HSE) requirements and pro-actively identify, report and address any safety, regulatory and environmental issues in the work environment;
- Provide accurate technical advice and knowledge within the team, and under the guidance of the supervisors, discuss innovative work practices to enhance workplace productivity;
- Have the ability and commitment to complete a Certificate 3 in Water Operations/Treatment (Wastewater and Recycled Water Treatment).
To be successful in this role you must have the following attributes and experience:
- Trade qualification (plumbing, electrical, fitter or equivalent), highly desirable but not essential if accompanied with significant water industry experience;
- Experience in water and wastewater systems – (Certificate III in Water Operations/Treatment or willingness to complete highly desirable);
- Can do attitude and enthusiasm with the ability to work autonomously as well as contribute to group objectives;
- Good communications skills and the ability to listen respectively to the opinions and ideas of other team members;
- Good interpersonal skills, including negotiation, oral and written communication skills, with the ability to consult with a range of staff, customers and public;
- The ability to multi task in a dynamic environment and manages resources effectively to achieve work goals and commitments;
- A commitment to continuous improvement and the ability to contribute to the development and implementation of new policies, procedures and guidelines;
- The ability to read, interpret and apply technical information from work procedures, reports and technical drawings;
- The physical capability to attain and maintain confined spaces certification and relevant machinery licences;
- Experience in SCADA operation, automation and online monitoring (Desirable)
- Ability to manage subcontractors;
- Have a customer focus to ensure our services are provided with minimal impact on our customers, including after hours;
- Good computer skills and the ability to use Email, Internet, Intranet, Word, Excel etc.
To apply, please follow the links and include:
- Cover letter outlining your experience and how you would benefit Solo Water;
- Copy of your CV.
- Applications submitted without addressing the selection criteria may not be considered.
- Only Microsoft Word or PDF documents will be accepted as a suitable format for applications received.
- Only short-listed applicants will be notified. Applications close 3rd March 2024.
Desirable: Do you have a Trade qualification (electrical, plumbing or equivalent)?
Desirable: Do you have a Certificate III in Water Operations/Treatment (Wastewater and Recycled Water Treatment)? (If ‘No’, would you be willing to commit to study for and complete a Certificate III in Wastewater and Recycled Water Treatment.)
Essential: Do you have a current unrestricted “C” class Drivers’ Licence?
Essential: Are you willing to join an ‘on-call’ roster and able to respond to after-hours call outs/work weekends (as required)?
Desirable: Do you hold a WHS Licence General Construction White Card?
Contact person: Craig Heininger, Operations Manager
Contact number 1300 765 698
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If successful, you may be required to undertake a police check, health assessment and drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Australian Standards and Solo Water’s procedures, as part of our pre-employment screening process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.