Website Townsville City Council
- Permanent Full Time opportunity available (9 day fortnight)
- Current Queensland “MR” class driver’s licence
- LGE 3 ($55,236 per annum + superannuation)
- High earnings potential above base salary, with relevant allowances and overtime
Why Choose Us
Townsville City Council is the largest local government authority in Northern Australia.
We are committed to creating value by growing Townsville through driving economic diversity and generating an enriching lifestyle.
Our organisation provides and maintains over $5.4b worth of community assets including water and wastewater network and treatment, bridges, drainage, roads, waste management, community facilities, sporting venues and more. We contribute to an active lifestyle for our residents and visitors through events, providing recreational facilities, protecting the natural environment and heritage, while creating a mentally and physically healthy city.
We lead creation of a city for this and future generations by focusing on our transition to a circular economy that is resilient to social, financial and environmental shocks.
We are a Council led by our community to create an exciting and dynamic future.
Townsville City Council is growing Townsville.
About the role
In this position you will ensure that licence, legislative, environmental, operational plan and quality requirements are met. You will conduct activities as required for major maintenance/breakdown and planned works to minimise costs associated with breakdowns. You will ensure effective maintenance of assets, reduce operational down time, and reduce reactive maintenance requirements.
You will assist in maintaining wastewater house drains, gravity mains and pressure mains including clearing blockages, pipe repair and construction, manhole inspections, repair and construction. You will also assist with the operation and maintenance of wastewater pump stations including cleaning probes, cleaning wet wells, maintaining the surroundings of the pump stations and monitoring, maintaining log sheets and reporting on pump station performance including the performance of all pump station equipment.
To be successful in this role you require a “MR” class driver’s licence, a Construction Industry White Card (30215 QLD) and a Confined Space Entry ticket with a good knowledge of confined space entry procedures.
You will be required to participate in the on-call roster and overtime arrangements as required. This will be to resolve out of hours operational issues or emergency works including disaster management.
A Drainers ticket is preferable, and you will need to receive Immunisation against Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B provided through Council.
For further information review the Position Description and/or click Apply.
Closing Date: 11:45pm, Sunday 26 March 2023
What We Offer
- 9 day fortnight
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Up to 5 weeks annual leave
- Up to 3 weeks Personal/Carers Leave
- 14 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Domestic and Family Violence Leave
- Natural Disaster Leave
- Long Service Leave available pro rata after seven years
- Up to *13.5% Superannuation employer contribution for contributing members
- Salary Sacrifice opportunities
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership to selected gym, pool, and yoga facilities
- Employee Loyalty Program offering discounts at selected local businesses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Active Family Social Club
- Flexible working arrangements
We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace where diverse styles, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, encouraged, and respected. People from diverse backgrounds (including but not limited to, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with diverse gender identities and sexualities, people from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disability, and veterans) are encouraged to apply!
If you need any adjustments to be made to the recruitment process or if you would like to discuss any accessibility requirements, please contact email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.townsville.qld.gov.au.