Website City of Townsville
- Permanent Full Time opportunity available (9 day fortnight)
- Operate a Combo Unit (Vac and Jetter Truck)
- HR Licence and Vac and Jetter ticket (mandatory)
- Work in sewers, wet wells and house drains
- LGE6 (S6LH) ($61,515 base salary per annum + superannuation)
- High earnings potential above base salary, with relevant allowances and overtime
About the role
Although this position will mainly operate the Combo unit, you will be expected to provide immediate supervision and direction to a work crew and be part of a team responsible for the operation and maintenance of the wastewater distribution and reticulation network. You will maintain wastewater house drains, gravity mains and pressure mains including clearing blockages; pipe repair and construction; manhole inspections, repair and construction. You will also operate and maintain wastewater pump stations including cleaning probes, cleaning wet wells, maintaining the surroundings of the pump stations and monitoring, maintaining log sheets and reporting on pump station performance including the performance of all pump station equipment.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to participate in the on-call roster and overtime arrangements as required, to resolve out of hours operational issues or emergency works including disaster management.
- “HR” class driver’s licence, Vac and Jetter ticket (mandatory), Drainers ticket (preferable).
- Confined Space Entry ticket and a good knowledge of confined space entry procedures.
- Completion of a White Card (Construction Industry) general safety induction course.
- Ability to receive Immunisation against Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B provided through Council.
- Ability to work as part of a team and also independently, including the ability to supervise work crews.
- Knowledge of and experience in operation and maintenance of wastewater distribution and reticulation systems, including maintenance, repair and construction techniques and operation and maintenance of pump stations.
- Ability to read and understand basic mechanical and civil engineering drawings and to create as constructed plans.
- Ability to understand and operate pump station control (SCADA) Systems.
- Ability to read, write and prepare numerical calculations to a standard commensurate with the duties of the position.
- Good supervisory and problem-solving skills along with good written and oral communication skills.
- Manual handling skills.
- Ability to operate power tools and minor plant.
Please visit our website at https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au for information on how to apply and to view the Position Description.
Closing Date 10 July 2022
To apply for this job please visit www.townsville.qld.gov.au.