Website Central Coast Council
“YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE”
Primary Work Location: Wyong NSW
- Take your water career to the next level at one of the largest Councils & 3rd largest water utility in NSW!
- Key strategic role in driving innovative development of how Water and Sewer will better service our community in the future
- Full time position – 5 Year Senior Contract
- Attractive remuneration package with Hybrid/Flexible working arrangements available
- Private Use Leaseback vehicle/ Vehicle allowance
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour’s drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
Central Coast Council Water and Sewer Department is responsible for the management an replacement of over $2 billion of assets and delivers over $60 million of Capital Works each year.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your strategic skills to own the development of how Water and Sewer will better service our Central Coast community in the future.
Reporting to the Director, Water and Sewer, the role of Unit Manager Assets and Projects is responsible for managing the Assets and Planning and Assets Delivery teams across the Water and Sewer business.
This position is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Key activities of this role include:
- Provide day-to-day leadership to a team of professionals responsible for the operations and services of the Water Assets and Project teams;
- Build effective stakeholder relationships ensuring effective and meaningful stakeholder consultation and liaison occurs;
- Manage relationships with developers who require support in delivering water and sewer infrastructure assets in both commercial and residential developments.
- You have extensive experience in the water industry, or similar industry, at a senior level;
- You are an experienced strategist with the ability to create and develop stakeholder relationships;
- You have the ability to think outside the square to develop innovative and commercial solutions for complex projects;
- You are a people manager with proven success as a leader and the ability to grow and develop teams;
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others.
- Central Coast Council is the third largest water utility (or water and sewage service) in NSW servicing 139,000 homes and businesses in a growing region;
- You’ll be joining a team of professionals who excel at what they do;
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development;
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation;
- We offer an attractive range of benefitsto our employees.
This role provides an attractive total remuneration package of up to $209.2k per annum.
In addition a vehicle is provided for official duties and private use leaseback in accordance with Council’s Vehicle Policy. Alternately a vehicle allowance of $165 per week ($8,580 per annum) is also an available option.
Hybrid/Flexible working arrangements are available for this role.
Central Coast Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of our employees. In accordance with Council’s WHS requirements and COVID-19 Safety Plans we require all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Enquiries: Jamie Loader, Director Water and Sewer ph: 0423 298 476 or Bel Chapman, People and Culture Business Partner ph: 0436 930 113.
To apply: To view the Position Description for the role and to apply visit our website https://centralcoast.applynow.net.au/jobs/CEN2970-unit-manager-assets-and-projects
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Monday, 3 October 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.