Website Bundaberg Regional Council
$94,903 per annum + super + benefits
Permanent, Full Time
Water Services Branch
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia’s best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation.
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About The Opportunity
Your role as a Treatment Team Manager is to coordinate the Treatment teams’ operation and maintenance activities for Water Services’, to ensure assets operate in an effective and environmentally sustainable manner, within our customer service standards.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the operations and maintenance of Water Services’ treatment plants, reservoirs and pump stations ensuring compliance with operating guidelines, relevant legislation, codes and policies. In addition to this, you will co-ordinate work practices and resources, assist with the development of budgets and monitor spending, as well as monitor plant and network performance, providing progress reports and specialist advice, as required.
Your strong leadership skills will be put to good use in leading an engaged safety and excellence culture through your active leadership, mentoring and participation in workplace assessments.
- Certificate III or (equivalent) in Water and Wastewater Treatment Operations (Dual Water and Wastewater Certification) with extensive experience in the operation and maintenance of water and wastewater treatment plant.
- Demonstrated ability to utilise and operate process control systems including plant SCADA systems.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate operations and maintenance activities preferably of Water Services’ treatment plants, pump stations and network systems.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with the ability to consult, communicate and problem solve effectively within set guidelines
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise, to ensure set outcomes are achieved
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering (Chemical/Environmental) or equivalent will be highly regarded
- Live and uphold the Council’s values
What we offer
- A competitive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- Regular rostered days off, including long weekends
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
We offer more: To view our full range of benefits, rewards and recognition, click here
The Selection Process
The preferred candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Clearance and Pre-employment medicals (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
To apply or find out more about the position, please click on the ‘apply now’ button where you will be redirected to our website to answer our questionnaire, followed by attaching your resume.
Closing Date: 11:30 pm, Thursday 20 May 2021 AEST
Bundaberg Regional Council prides itself as an equal opportunity employer and embraces the diversity that our teams bring so if this sounds like the position for you, don’t delay – apply now!
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.