Website Bundaberg Regional Council
$64,036 per annum + super + benefits
Water Services Branch
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia’s best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation.
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About The Opportunity
In your role as a Treatment Plant Operator (Dual Ticket) you will operate, maintain and monitor performance of Water Services’ Treatment Plants in an efficient manner within regulatory guidelines, practices and procedures.
Due to the nature of this position, the location for the commencement of work may vary from time to time and will involve being part of a on-call support roster for the Service Delivery section of Water Services, to ensure 24/7 service to customers.
- Certificate III in Water Industry Operations with both Water and Wastewater Treatment Qualification or (equivalent) – Dual Ticket in Water and Wastewater Treatment Operations.
- Demonstrated proficiency and verification of skills to operate light and medium mechanical equipment utilised in operation and maintenance of treatment plant assets in accordance with the Queensland Local Government Industry Award – State 2017 Division 3 Section 5 Schedule 1 (Classifications – Operational Services).
- Possession of a current Class C Drivers Licence.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operating equipment and automated processes utilised in Water Services’ treatment plants including, but not limited to, treatment plant monitoring equipment, operational process testing and equipment calibration is essential.
- Demonstrated medium level of oral and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of internal and external parties.
- Relevant experience and knowledge to be able to work under remote supervision and supervise and offer direction to other employees where appropriate.
- Sound level of working knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, guidelines and codes relating to the provision of water and wastewater services.
- Basic computer skills in the use of computer and industry software (knowledge and the ability to use Microsoft Office, other associated software and Council applications as appropriate).
- Advanced level ability to operate plant process control systems including SCADA systems.
- Current Class ‘HR’ Drivers Licence and Forklift Ticket will be highly regarded.
- Live and uphold Council values and have a “can do” approach to work.
What we offer
- An attractive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- 38 hour working week, nine day fortnight, including long weekends
- Great staff benefits including free car parking and corporate uniforms, discounted health insurance and free financial advice
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance, flexible working arrangements and a friendly and supported team
We offer more: To view our full range of benefits, rewards and recognition, click here
The Selection Process
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check and Pre-employment medicals (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
To apply or find out more about the position, please click on the ‘apply now’ button where you will be redirected to our website to answer our questionnaire, followed by attaching your resume.
Closing Date: 11.30pm – Monday 21 June 2021 AEST
Bundaberg Regional Council prides itself as an equal opportunity employer and embraces the diversity that our teams bring so if this sounds like the position for you, don’t delay – apply now!
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.