Website Toowoomba Regional Council
Work Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location: Toowoomba (outer suburbs)
Applications Close: 09/05/2021 11:45 PM
The Toowoomba Region is about rich traditions and bold ambitions. Our long and proud agricultural history has evolved Toowoomba into Australia’s second largest inland city supporting diverse townships in the Council area and acting as a service centre for South West Qld and North West NSW. The region is boldly forging new opportunities around the Surat Basin resource sector, education, health, transport and massive infrastructure investments. Growth hasn’t come at the expense of liveability though, with Toowoomba twice voted in the top 5 most family friendly cities in Australia.
Toowoomba Regional Council services a regional population of 166,500 and employs a team of approximately 1,800 staff, dedicated and passionate about delivering excellent customer service to the community, residents and visitors throughout the region. We recognise that our success depends upon attracting and retaining skilled and talented staff and offer a wide variety of interesting challenges and opportunities to develop your career.
ARE YOU AN ENTHUSIASTIC AND MOTIVATED WATER INDUSTRY PROFESSIONAL LOOKING FOR YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE?
About the role
• You will assist in the control of industrial and commercial loads on the Toowoomba Regional Council’s Sewerage System and wastewater treatment facilities by inspection, regulation and control of trade waste discharges to sewer.
• The salary range for this position is $65,834.43 – $70,875.14 gross per annum plus 17.5% annual leave loading and up to 12.4% superannuation.
• Enjoy working in an organisation that offers genuine work/life balance.
How to be successful in this position – Success Criteria
You will need:
1. The mandatory qualifications, training and/or experience as outlined in the “Position Success Criteria of the attached Position Description.
2. Sound knowledge of operational methods of work area.
3. Working knowledge of statutory requirements relevant to the work area.
4. The ability to ensure all work is performed to meet safety legislative requirements and responsibilities of Council. This includes complying with all workplace instructions and procedures, using protective equipment provided and not placing any peoples’ safety at risk by your actions.
5. Excellent organisational skills with the ability to exercise initiative in the application of established work procedures.
6. Demonstrated skills in a range of work activities in a specialised area and/or the undertaking of a number of minor works within a total works program.
7. The ability to apply computing concepts.
8. Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment by developing effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
9. Excellent customer service skills with the ability to provide accurate timely advice in a helpful and supportive manner.
10. Understanding of and Committment to Council’s Organisational Value and Behaviour of “Accountability”.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit two documents:
1. A document addressing the “Success Criteria” in the Position Description in two pages or less; and
2. Your current resume.
Visit our website www.tr.qld.gov.au/jobs for information on how to apply for jobs at Toowoomba Regional Council. Applicants are encouraged to apply online.
For further information
Please contact Chris Holt on 07 4688 6926 within business hours.
The closing date for applications is 11.45pm, Sunday, 9 May 2021.
To apply for this job please visit www.tr.qld.gov.au.