Website Hawkesbury City Council
Be passionate. Be progressive. Hawkesbury City Council.
- Permanent / Full Time
- 9 Day Fortnight + On-Site Parking
- Discount Gym Membership
Hawkesbury City Council is the largest local government area in metropolitan NSW covering 2,800 square kilometres, incorporating both urban and rural communities. We are committed to working together to delivery outcomes for the community through innovation and best practice.
Reporting to the Wastewater Operations and Maintenance Engineer and based in Windsor, the Technical Officer – Trade Waste will be responsible for implementing and administering Council’s liquid trade waste policy and liaising with developers and contractors regarding proposed development within Council’s sewer catchment area.
You will have experience in the wastewater industry and will be an excellent communicator. You will be a team player with a positive attitude. You will have analytical and organisation skills and will be driven to deliver desired outcomes.
- Qualification in either Civil Engineering or Science (Degree), Plumbing (Certificate) or Wastewater (Certificate)
- Experience in wastewater industry, including liquid trade waste
- Class C Drivers Licence
- Workcover WHS General Induction for Construction Work in NSW
- Experience in sewer reticulation design and trade waste treatment systems
- Experience in water sampling and laboratory testing
- Computer/ keyboard skills
An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant commensurate with qualification, skills, and experience.
- 15-days sick leave
- Rostered Day Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Great working environment
- Flexible work arrangements
- Tertiary Education Assistance
- Health and Wellbeing Program
- Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Employee Reward and Recognition program
- Employee Performance Review and Planning System
- Corporate Rate Gym Membership – Oasis Leisure Centre
- Social Club – BBQs, Christmas parties, raffles and activities
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and their family
For further position details, including the selection criteria and how to apply, visit our website www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au or call Council’s People and Development Team on 02 4560 4444.
Applications close Tuesday, 12 December 2023
Applicants who do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for this position.
Please note that the canvassing of Councillors in relation to these matters will automatically disqualify the applicant from this process.
To apply for this job please visit hawkesbury.lgsoftwaresolutions.com.au.