Website Central Coast Council
“YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE”
Primary Work Location: Central Coast, NSW
- A key role that protects infrastructure, public health and the environment in the local community
- Work/Life Balance – 9 day fortnight with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available
- Temporary Term Contract up to 12 months
- Leaseback Vehicle
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Council is committed to providing safe environments that protect the physical, emotional, cultural and social wellbeing of children on the Central Coast.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour’s drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
Central Coast Council is the third largest water utility (or water and sewage service) in NSW servicing 139,000 homes and businesses in a growing region.
The Team Leader Trade Waste oversees the day-to-day work and functioning of a small team undertaking a combination of operational work and service provision. They collaborate with others to complete the programs and projects of the section through the management of major or strategic issues that may affect the Trade Waste group.
To be successful in this role you will need to possess the skills and ability to build strong, credible relationships and influence regulatory compliance with industry contacts.
This role is a combination of office and field work – on a daily basis you will carry out varied tasks such as using corporate information and data record systems, investigating legislative requirements, meeting industry managers on site and conducting water sampling.
Key activities of this role include:
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the Trade Waste group including the compliance, approval, planning and coordination of functions, finance and resources
- Manage and assess Trade Waste referrals from the Development Assessment and Compliance Teams or requests for information from other areas of Council
- Provide advice on technical and administrative matters to the community, businesses, service providers and state government agencies, that contribute to improved Trade Waste management
- You will have well-developed performance improvement and consultation skills
- Previous experience and knowledge of sewage treatment processes and systems would be advantageous
- You may have previous experience managing trade or technical teams in a Trade Waste environment
- You will have the ability to communicate and negotiate with stakeholders and the community
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others
- Having a work/life balance is important to you
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community
- You will be joining a team of professionals who excel at what they do
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation
- We offer an attractive range of benefits to our employees.
What we offer:
- Weekly pay cycle
- Generous leave provisions: 20 days paid Annual Leave, 15 days Sick Leave/Carers Leave, Health and Wellbeing Leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, Additional purchased leave, Parental Leave – 18 weeks full pay/36 weeks ½ pay, Paternity Leave – 2 weeks
- Novated leasing
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to employees and their families
- Fitness Passport – access to gyms across the Central Coast and Newcastle
- Health and wellbeing programs – skin cancer screening, Breastscreen, Flu vaccination, blood donations
- Recognition of service
- Professional Development opportunities
- Individual career development and learning opportunities
- Reward & Recognition programs.
Please refer to the position description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a commencing salary range of between $96.3k to $115.5k per annum dependent on skills and experience + 11% superannuation.
A leaseback vehicle is provided in this role for official duties and private use and your choice of vehicle will be provided when one becomes available in accordance with Council’s Vehicle Policy. In the meantime, either an alternate pre-used vehicle or a vehicle allowance of $200 per week ($10,450 per annum) is temporarily applied for this position due to ongoing issues with supply for new vehicles.
A 9 day fortnight work-cycle currently applies to this role. with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available.
Successful candidates may be required to undertake a course of vaccinations against Hepatitis A and B and Tetanus or demonstrate their immunity.
Central Coast Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of our employees. In accordance with Council’s WHS requirements and COVID-19 Safety Plans we require all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Enquiries: Bala Vigneswaran Section Manager Compliance Water Systems on 0404 404 777.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at midnight on Sunday 3 December 2023.
To apply for this job please visit centralcoast.applynow.net.au.