Website Central Coast Regional Council
Work Type: Permanent Full Time
Department: Infrastructure & Utilities
Are you a vibrant member of the community who wants to make a difference? Someone who is interested in serving the community with an essential service to our day to day lives?
Central Highlands Regional Council is currently seeking Treatment Supervisors who will be responsible for the day to day operational, responsive and planned maintenance activities with maintaining continuity of the operation of the water and wastewater treatment plants to ensure legislative and licence compliance is achieved.
In this busy role, your will support the organisation by:
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the day to day activities of the water treatment team including planned and responsive maintenance
- Ensure compliance with Australian Drinking Water Guidelines and DES License conditions
- Lead, motivate and develop the water treatment team
- Providing technical advise and maintenance direction around water and waste-water treatment
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external parties
- Completing a diverse range of office based tasks included reviewing and analysing data, rostering, procurement activities, reviewing design, developing SOP’s and managing maintenance contractors
- Contributing to a safe and positive work environment
- Be available for emergency response duties. Participate in an on-call roster system and undertake after hours or weekend operational tasks and reactive activities.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to possess:
- Demonstrated experience in the operation and maintenance of water and sewage treatment processes
- Ability to plan and coordinate workloads across treatment teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound knowledge of relevant Local Government operations and legislative framework
- Competent use of Microsoft programs
- Cert III in Treatment Operations (or equivalent)
- Current Drivers Licence
- General Construction Induction
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Applications close: 8am Monday 2 October 2023
Please note: Applicants may be contacted and progressed through the recruitment prior to closing date
To apply for this job please visit applynow.net.au.