Website Tweed Shire Council
Are you passionate about ensuring the smooth operation of essential water and wastewater infrastructure? Do you thrive in a dynamic team environment where every day presents new challenges? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Network Operations Supervisor in our Water and Wastewater Operations team!
At Tweed Shire Council we are dedicated to providing reliable, sustainable and high-quality water and wastewater services to our community. As a Network Operations Supervisor, you will play a vital role in overseeing the operation and maintenance of our network infrastructure, leading and supporting a team of skilled water and sewer network operations staff to deliver these services to our community.
The focus of the Supervisor role is managing the teams work output, performance, resource allocation for maintenance or repair work, and ensuring completion of work within time frames and budget. The role will undertake technical investigation within the Water and Wastewater area, troubleshooting complex issues as they arise, and provide training and advice as required.
The successful candidate will be required to communicate effectively with staff, contractors and community members and be able to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful delivery of works.
The position is suitable to those who enjoy a diversity of work in both outdoor and office environments, combining computer based and field based work activities.
What’s on offer:
- leading and motivating a dedicated team ensuring the continuous flow of safe drinking water and transfer of wastewater to meet community, health and environmental requirements
- diversity of work in both outdoor and office environments across our beautiful shire
- a base salary ranging from $79,092 per annum with competency-based increments up to $93,685 per annum, plus 11% super
- 76 hour, 9 day fortnight
- training and development opportunities
- flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- generous employment conditions (we have too many to list – click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Ability to lead, set direction and motivate a team.
- Supervisory and technical experience in water and wastewater network operations and maintenance.
- Experience in staff management with high focus on teamwork, respect, and communication values.
- Demonstrated knowledge of water industry risks and ability to provide safe work environment for staff.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality work outputs meeting time and budget constraints, in a busy work environment
- Located on the picturesque far North Coast of NSW, bordering the Gold Coast.
- The Tweed is a vibrant, diverse location offering a lifestyle near the water, in a rainforest or on a farm.
- Tweed Shire Council is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles. We provide workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options.
- Join an employer of choice. Professionals Australia (Local Government Engineers’ Association) has named Council the 2021 Employer of Choice for our great employment practices within NSW local government.
Where it’s located:
This position is based in Chinderah and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 23 February at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process.
Job offers are not made until screening has been completed. Tweed Shire Council uses third-party providers to undertake:
- Pre-employment medical – some roles require a functional (physical) assessment, and all positions are subject to drug and alcohol screening (a positive test result means the recruitment process ends and your application will not be considered).
- Background screening – verifies that the information you have provided throughout the recruitment process is true and correct. Click here for more information.
Reference Checks are undertaken by the panel. Your 2 referees should ideally be your current and most recent supervisors. Your referees are not contacted unless you’ve been interviewed and are a preferred candidate.
This position is identified as at risk of contracting vaccine-preventable/manageable diseases and as a consequence impacted employees are strongly recommended to participate in Council’s workplace vaccination program.
How To Apply:
You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click ‘Next’.
- You’ll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click ‘Next’.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click ‘Confirm’ to submit your application.
If you’d like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
1. Minimum Certificate III in Water Industry Operations or demonstrated competency in the relevant units of these certifications and willingness to undertake certification.
2. Demonstrated ability to supervise, motivate and organise staff.
3. Technical knowledge of water/wastewater industry procedures and standards as it relates to Water and Sewer Network asset operations and maintenance.
4. Demonstrated resource management and organisational skills to delivery works within a dynamic and busy work environment.
5. Describe your communication style and detail your experience in effectively communicating with staff, contractors and the community.
6. Competence in the development, implementation and review of workplace safety activities including management of both health and environment risks.
7. Current Vehicle Licence – Car.
8. Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.
9. Experience in a Local Government or public sector environment.
To apply for this job please visit applynow.net.au.