Website Bundaberg Regional Council
$86,038 per annum + super + benefits
Permanent Full Time
Water Services, Infrastructure Services
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia’s best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation.
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About The Opportunity
We are seeking an innovative individual to join our team of professionals as Senior Technical Officer (Environment), within the Water Services branch. We have a passion for water, collaboration, strategic thinking, enabling our teams and fostering a learning environment within our branch.
On joining Water Services, you will facilitate regulatory relationships as well as coordinate and support water and wastewater environmental compliance, reporting activities and provide environmental technical support, through engagement and upskilling.
Your key responsibilities include (but are not limited to) leading the Governance team within Water Services for holistic oversight of the operational regulatory environment for the branch, including treatment, transfer and disposal of effluent reuse and trade waste. You will also develop and lead the Drinking Water Quality Policy and Drinking Water Quality Management Plan, for implementation and transformation to comply with changing regulation and industry practices. In addition to this, you will lead high-level research, analysis and evaluation of complex operational risks to provide strategic advice, and represent Water Services and Council at Industry Body committees/advisory groups, as appointed.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a water services relevant field
- Diploma qualification or higher equivalent relevant to Water Industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in environmental regulatory management
- Strong understanding of Environmental Regulation and Water Supply (Safety & Reliability) Act 2008
- Solid leadership skills, to lead a small technical team
- High-level written and oral communication skills, together with excellent customer service
- Cert IV or Diploma in Leadership & Management and/or Engineering degree relevant to Water Industry will be highly regarded
What we offer
- A competitive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- 36.25 hour working week, regular rostered days off, including long weekends
- Leadership development programs
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supportive team
We offer more: To view our full range of benefits, rewards and recognition, click here
The Selection Process
The preferred candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Clearance and Pre-employment medicals (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
To apply or find out more about the position, please click on the ‘apply now’ button where you will be redirected to our website to answer our questionnaire, followed by attaching your resume.
Closing date: 11.30pm – Friday 30 July 2021 AEST
Bundaberg Regional Council prides itself as an equal opportunity employer and embraces the diversity that our teams bring so if this sounds like the position for you, don’t delay – apply now!
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.