Website Tweed Shire Council
About the role:
The Water and Wastewater – Operations Unit is seeking team players who are passionate about the provision of safe and reliable water and wastewater services, to join us as a Reticulation Assistant. This role provides support and assistance to our team of Reticulation Operators in a wide range of operations and maintenance activities on the water supply network, sewerage reticulation system, and other assets.
As part of this role, you will provide assistance to repair water mains, consumer services, hydrants and stop valves, install pipelines and read water meters. Inspecting, cleaning, maintaining and constructing sewer mains and manholes will also be involved. You may also be “called out” to provide emergency response as part of the Water Unit’s 24-hour service.
For passionate and enthusiastic people, we can provide a supported pathway to obtain the on the job skills and a nationally recognised qualification in Water Operations (Certificate III). The role is suitable for someone who enjoys a variety of active work in an outdoor environment. Your ability to take care of your own, your colleagues and the public’s Health and Safety will see you succeed in this role.
What’s on offer:
- a base salary ranging from $965.33 per week with competency-based increments up to $1,094.04 per week, plus 10.5% super
- 76 hour, 9 day fortnight
- training and development opportunities
- flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- generous employment conditions (we have too many to list – click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Basic understanding and general knowledge of the operation of a sewer and water reticulation network system
- Sound general knowledge of pipe/services installation and repairs
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work responsibly and independently on tasks with direction
- Complete manual labour tasks with direction
- Willingness and commitment to complete Certificate III in Water Operations under the support and guidance of Council
- The capacity to perform in an active and physically demanding work environment
- Located on the picturesque far North Coast of NSW, bordering the Gold Coast.
- The Tweed is a vibrant, diverse location offering a lifestyle near the water, in a rainforest or on a farm.
- Tweed Shire Council is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
- Join an employer of choice. Professionals Australia (Local Government Engineers’ Association) has named Council the 2021 Employer of Choice for our great employment practices within NSW local government.
Where it’s located:
This position is based in Tweed Heads and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 31 March 2023 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Click here to view the Position Description
Click here for more information on the Recruitment Process
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process.
Job offers are not made until screening has been completed. Tweed Shire Council uses third-party providers to undertake:
- Pre-employment medical – some roles require a functional (physical) assessment, and all positions are subject to drug and alcohol screening (a positive test result means the recruitment process ends and your application will not be considered).
- Background screening – verifies that the information you have provided throughout the recruitment process is true and correct. Click here for more information.
Reference Checks are undertaken by the panel. Your 2 referees should ideally be your current and most recent supervisors. Your referees are not contacted unless you’ve been interviewed and are a preferred candidate.
This position is identified as at risk of contracting vaccine-preventable/manageable diseases and as a consequence impacted employees are strongly recommended to participate in Council’s workplace vaccination program.
To apply for this job please visit applynow.net.au.