Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking an experienced 2x Regulatory Strategy Advisors (Full-Time) to join our team.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state.
This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Location: Parramatta (preferred) but can be negotiable for anywhere in NSW for the right candidate
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Attractive remuneration
- And so much more!
What you’ll do:
- Strategic Thinking: Building and maintaining connections with external and internal stakeholders to seek and synthesise information to develop WaterNSW policy, positions & advice on strategic regulatory and policy initiatives.
- Negotiating / Influencing: Be a key influencer in water reform processes at NSW and Commonwealth government agency level, by providing key technical inputs based on sound understanding of current and future asset demands and requirements, and the impacts of these reforms on our business.
- Alignment and Consistency: Coordinate the development of policy, positions & advice that is consistent with our Corporate Strategy and that will enhance our business performance and outcomes for stakeholders.
- Representation and Reporting: Represent WaterNSW in external negotiations relating to strategic regulatory and policy reform initiatives and maximise outcomes that will have a beneficial effect on our ability to conduct our business in an effective, efficient and sustainable manner.
What we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in law, public policy / administration, science, civil / environmental / water engineering, innovation, business, economics, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in negotiating and influencing, developing, reviewing and reporting on regulatory / policy / planning reform initiatives to achieve optimum outcomes
- Extensive experience in leading strategic internal engagement coordinating cross-divisional processes.
- Knowledge of the water sector and its complex governance and regulatory frameworks and extensive knowledge of public sector regulatory/policy/planning reform processes
- Superior communication, relationship and management skills including a demonstrated ability to work with and consult people at all levels of an organisation
How we will support you:
At WaterNSW, we embrace the opportunity to integrate work into our life by having full ownership of our work week. We value getting the job done rather than looking at your work hours.
We are proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer and are committed to providing equal opportunities for women. Visit our WORK180 page to access our benefits and career development opportunities https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/waternsw
More about our team / culture:
We communicate openly and honestly while maintaining respect for each other. This means we get things done. We understand that everyone is different, and this is what we value as part of our inclusive culture.
Who is WaterNSW?
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind – and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
For more information, please reach out to: Azmine Amer at email@example.com
Please note applications for this position will close on 30th November 2023.
Click for Position Description – Please note this can only be accessed on the WaterNSW Careers Page.
You must have full work rights in Australia to qualify for all positions at WaterNSW.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Privacy and collection of your personal information
If you apply for a position via our website or firstname.lastname@example.org, WaterNSW may collect your personal information. Please visit WaterNSW’s Privacy Page to view the Careers Collection Notice for more information about how WaterNSW collects, uses, and discloses your personal information.
To apply for this job please visit waternsw.applynow.net.au.