Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Regulatory Compliance Specialist (Full-Time) to join our team.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state.
This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Location: Parramatta (preferred) but open to considering anywhere in NSW for the right candidate
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- Work a 9-day fortnight at Full pay on the Enterprise agreement
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Salary Range $144,550 – $173,475 base + super
- And so much more!
What you’ll do:
- Compliance Relationships: Provide the interface and first point of contact with Regulators regarding compliance based activities, ensuring that audits are scoped appropriately, requests for information are serviced, audit interviews are transparent and informative and responses to review findings and audit reports are timely and comprehensive.
- Alignment and Consistency: Coordinate WaterNSW’s regulatory compliance program and implement a shared understanding with internal stakeholders on key compliance activities.
- System Performance Improvements: Leverage review and audit outcomes to drive administrative and system performance improvements and that these are coordinated holistically and consistently across the organisation where necessary.
- Advice and Support: Provide advice and support to employees participating in reviews and audits or who interact on compliance matters with Regulators to provide accurate and consistent information.
- Representation and Reporting: Represent WaterNSW in the external negotiations of reviews and audits and ensure that findings are accurate and reasonable, and communicate findings through appropriate internal channels and report on performance to organisational leadership in a timely and effective manner.
What we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualification in economics, commerce, law, water science or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in developing, implementing, monitoring and reporting on compliance programs to achieve optimum business outcomes including a culture-of-compliance and enhancement of reputation.
- Extensive experience in leading strategic internal engagement coordinating cross-divisional processes.
- Knowledge of the water sector and its complex governance and regulatory frameworks, and of compliance processes within Government agencies, either as a regulator or a regulated entity.
- Superior communication, relationship and management skills including a demonstrated ability to work with and consult people at all levels of an organisation.
How we will support you:
At WaterNSW, we embrace the opportunity to integrate work into our life by having full ownership of our work week. We value getting the job done rather than looking at your work hours.
We are proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer and are committed to providing equal opportunities for women. Visit our WORK180 page to access our benefits and career development opportunities https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/waternsw
More about our team/ culture:
We communicate openly and honestly while maintaining respect for each other. This means we get things done. We understand that everyone is different, and this is what we value as part of our inclusive culture.
Who is WaterNSW?
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind – and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
For more information, please reach out to: Azmine Amer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note applications for this position will close on 30th November 2023.
Click for Position Description – Please note this can only be accessed on the WaterNSW Careers Page.
You must have full work rights in Australia to qualify for all positions at WaterNSW.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Privacy and collection of your personal information
If you apply for a position via our website or email@example.com, WaterNSW may collect your personal information. Please visit WaterNSW’s Privacy Page to view the Careers Collection Notice for more information about how WaterNSW collects, uses, and discloses your personal information.
To apply for this job please visit waternsw.applynow.net.au.