Process Controller – Douglas MAR 2021
Come and join the Operations team at our Douglas WTP as a Process Controller and use your skills in all facets of water treatment plant operations. Based in Townsville NQ, you must be a team player with a positive and proactive attitude, excellent communication skills and the confidence and ability to make sound decisions on your own.
This is a fantastic, full-time opportunity that offers a competitive remuneration package, including the allocation of a well-equipped work vehicle, laptop and mobile phone. The role also offers a genuine work-life balance and the chance to be a valued member of a supportive and experienced team.
The role is for an initial 12-month term and may become a permanent position if the opportunity becomes available. The role also requires the flexibility to be a part of an on-call roster system and the willingness to respond immediately to telemetry alarms during all non-working hours when on call.
Reporting to the Team leader, this role will require the successful person to have the following:
Professional/Technical Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in operation and maintenance of water or wastewater or similar facilities
- Familiarity in use of PC’s and a range of software
- A current Australian Driver’s license
- Be able to work a 1 in 3 on call roster
- Be enthusiastic and dedicated, with high levels of initiative and drive
- Possess a high level of maturity, with the ability to make decisions relating to the availability and quality of the public water supply with minimal direction and guidance
- Possess sound judgement in relation to operational issues
- Be flexible with the ability to adapt to change and rapidly apply new knowledge
- Have an aptitude for dealing with plant-related problems
- Be a reliable team member and be an effective communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Possess effective problem-solving skills
- Be able to effectively manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Be able to work independently for long periods
- Reasonable experience in the water industry or a related industry (e.g. chemical process industry)
While not essential, the following skills and abilities will be highly regarded:
- Certificate 3 in Water/Wastewater Operations
- Experience in water treatment chemistry and instrumentation
- Experience in operating any chemical dosing machinery
- Experience in scheduling of small engineering tasks
- Exposure to quality assurance
- Exposure to CMMS systems (SAP)
- Knowledge of contemporary water industry issues
- Relevant Project Management experience
- White Card or construction induction Card
- High Risk Licence for Forklift Truck
- Enter and Work in confined Spaces -Certification
- Gas Test Atmospheres – Certification
- Technical, trade, scientific or engineering qualifications
- Certificate 4 in Water/Wastewater Operations
- Have the potential to further develop in their career
- Great people
- Flexible working and leave options
- Career development opportunities with a growing company
- Wellbeing Program & EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Modern offices and facilities
- Positive environment where team and individual efforts are recognised
We want this position filled quickly, so if you believe that you have the necessary skills, drive and attitude to be successful in the role, submit a cover letter and current CV using the SEEK Apply button, by COB Sunday 18th April 2021.
For information about TRILITY, go to our website www.trility.com.au
TRILITY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer who seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We encourage people from any background/culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, or people with an impairment to apply for this role.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.