Precision Assemblers (Fitters)
We have permanent and temporary vacancies for trade qualified and experienced fitters to work in the Quick Response Centre (QRC).
Current trade qualified employees who are interested in becoming dual trade e.g. machinist/fitter are encouraged to apply.
The Precision Assembler (PA) is responsible for disassembly, repair and assembly of pumps and decoking equipment. The PA follows instructions from the supervisor/leading hand and provides documentation to perform DCI (Disassemble, Clean and Inspect) and creates written description of the wear and condition of critical components.
PA duties include:
• Inspection of components for critical fits, clearances, TIRs and run-outs. Record results (written and photos) on the appropriate assembly form. This includes recording measurement dimensions of pump components and assemblies, their condition and the repair process.
• Cleaning each part to be reused and documenting the condition of components.
• Ensuring all forms and documentation (including visual records) are complete before forwarding the package to the production planner for quotation.
• Using procedures and craftsmanship to assemble pumps, and complete all assembly documentation. Paint, tag and prep the pump prior to shipment to the customer.
• Communicating clearly and professionally with production planners and customers to discuss the component and pump conditions.
• Coordinate and interface with sales, operations, engineers and customers as necessary.
• Trade Certificate or equivalent.
• 2+ years of experience as a rotating machinery mechanic.
• Must have personal set of mechanic’s tools, micrometers and roll-around tool box.
• Able to stand for long periods and lift objects up to 20 kilos.
• Forklift and overhead crane certifications using forklifts and cranes.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and process.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, able to problem solve and prioritize work assignments.
• Exhibiting behaviour that encourages team-building, decision-making, problem solving and continuous improvement.
• Working safely and helping colleagues work safely.
• Complying with all Flowserve policies and procedures.
• Must be able to work overtime hours including weekends and holidays.
• Prefer experience with pumps and preferably in an aftermarket/end-user organization.
• Field service experience
• Computer skills, including MS Office
For the temporary roles we are also offering DIDO (drive in drive out) arrangements such as free local accommodation Monday to Friday for persons living outside the 120km zone from Castlemaine e.g. Melbourne.
Any questions about the role, or details of suitable candidates should be referred to Mark Williams. He can be contacted on 0436 680 147 or MaWilliams@flowserve.com.