Website Central Coast Council
Primary Work Location: Wyong, NSW
- Newly created role to work on projects delivering water and sewer services to the community
- Work/Life Balance – 9 day fortnight with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available
- Permanent Full Time
- Leaseback Vehicle
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Council is committed to providing safe environments that protect the physical, emotional, cultural and social wellbeing of children on the Central Coast.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour’s drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
Central Coast Council is the third largest water utility (or water and sewage service) in NSW servicing 139,000 homes and businesses in a growing region.
As the Operations Project Delivery Officer, you will work as part of a newly formed team, managing operational projects and contracts for the efficient and effective operation of Council’s water and sewer networks and maintenance activities.
On a day to day basis, you will be assisting with the planning and coordination of projects including overseeing staff and contractors, conducting regular site inspections to monitor progress and quality of contracts works and documenting project status.
This position is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Key activities of this role include:
- Contribute to the preparation of tenders, tender assessment and engagement, site inductions, contract management and coordination ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with environmental legislation and relevant standards
- Provide assistance to the Operational Projects and Contracts Manager to complete planning, consultation, coordination and organisation of Service contracts, specifications and documentation for activities associated with the construction and maintenance of Council system operations
- Liaise with the relevant staff member on matters such as project variations, claims for timeframe extensions and design changes
- Accurately and efficiently carry out all administrative functions associated with the role including record-keeping, preparation of progress valuations for payments to contractors and suppliers
- Manage and/or prepare draft work-as-executed drawings; and ensure that all project and contract activities are executed in accordance with project plans, specifications, legislation, policies and procedures, timeframes and approved funding
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to efficiently identify and resolve any project issues or conflicts, and create community awareness of ongoing projects.
- You may bring project experience within the Water Industry or similar environment
- You will be an effective communicator with various stakeholders
- You will understand contract management principles
- You will be capable of making operational decisions within regulatory guidelines
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others
- Having a work/life balance is important to you
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community
- You will be joining a team of professionals who excel at what they do
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation
- We offer an attractive range of benefits to our employees.
What we offer:
- Weekly pay cycle
- Generous leave provisions: 20 days paid Annual Leave, 15 days Sick Leave/Carers Leave, Health and Wellbeing Leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, Additional purchased leave, Parental Leave – 18 weeks full pay/36 weeks ½ pay, Paternity Leave – 2 weeks
- Novated leasing
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to employees and their families
- Fitness Passport – access to gyms across the Central Coast and Newcastle
- Health and wellbeing programs – skin cancer screening, Breastscreen, Flu vaccination, blood donations
- Recognition of service
- Council Child Care salary sacrifice
- Professional Development opportunities
- Individual career development and learning opportunities
- Reward & Recognition programs.
Please refer to the position description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a commencing salary range of between $82.9k to $99.5k per annum dependent on skills and experience + 11% superannuation.
A leaseback vehicle is provided in this role for official duties and private use and your choice of vehicle will be provided when one becomes available in accordance with Council’s Vehicle Policy. In the meantime, either an alternate pre-used vehicle or a vehicle allowance of $200.97 per week ($10,450 per annum) is temporarily applied for this position due to ongoing issues with supply for new vehicles OR a vehicle allowance of $200.97 per week ($10,450 per annum) is also an available option.
Successful candidates may be required to undertake a course of vaccinations against Hepatitis A and B and Tetanus or demonstrate their immunity.
Enquiries: Jack Gray Operational Projects and Contracts Manager on 0467 250 495.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at midnight on Sunday 25 February 2024.
To download our Privacy Statement click here.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in the position.
For more information on applying for a role with Central Coast Council please click on the following link: https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/council/about-council/careers-and-volunteering/applying-position
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process.
Don’t have access to a computer or electronic device? Applications can be lodged at any of Council’s Library locations. Pre-book a free 1 hour computer timeslot by contacting your nearest library https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/libraries/our-branches or ask at the enquiry counter.
Please note that you do not need a “password” to use our on-line application system.
You will have the ability to save your application as you go using the ‘Save Application’ button. You can start an application and return to it later via the automatic follow-up email once you have the time and required information at hand to finally submit your application.
** We recommend that you use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge for best System performance.
To lodge your application, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Answer the on-line questions shown below. Please ensure that you provide as much detail as possible in response to the questions asked.
Step 2: Attach your resume
Step 3: Attach your qualifications and licences
Once your application is successfully lodged you will receive an automated response sent to your e-mail address. If a response is not received this means that your application has not been successfully submitted and you will need to lodge another application.
IMPORTANT: If you require assistance to lodge your application please contact our Talent Acquisition team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what reasonable adjustments you may need.
Applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted by phone or e-mail. Please be advised, in order to ensure you receive all email communications from Central Coast Council, please whitelist ‘email@example.com‘ in your preferred email client. For further instructions please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: By completing and submitting this online application you confirm that any information provided by yourself in this application is true & correct and acknowledge that any offer of employment may be withdrawn should the information that you have provided in support of your application be shown to be false. You also consent to employment screening checks being conducted where appropriate. This may include associated checks (Referee check, Working With Children Check, Entitlement to Work in Australia, Employment History and an Australian Federal Police Check) as well as substantiation of educational qualifications, industry memberships, previous Central Coast Council employment history and association with professional bodies.
I also acknowledge that I will be required to provide proof of eligibility (including photo identification) to work in Australia if selected for an interview.
To apply for this job please visit centralcoast.applynow.net.au.