Website Goulburn Valley Water
Goulburn Valley Water (GVW) provides quality water and wastewater services to 54 towns in North Central Victoria. Our core purpose is to deliver safe, reliable, and affordable water services to residential, commercial and industrial customers.
Get your career in the Water industry started!
This entry level role is a great opportunity for someone to start their career in the water industry. We are also keen to hear from experienced operators wanting to gain further skills and knowledge.
You will be safety focussed, motivated and be able to work according to operating procedures and established guidelines.
Based in Shepparton, you will be part of a team, responsible for ensuring GVW meets delivery objectives in water and wastewater services.
As a water industry operative you will have the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a small team, be flexible to meet the standby roster requirements and an enjoyment and understanding of technical maintenance.
Possession of, or willingness to complete Cert 3 in Water Industry Operations is required.
About your new role…
This is an entry level role and ideally suited to someone who is looking to begin a rewarding career in an essential service industry. We are also keen to hear from experienced operators wanting to gain further skills and knowledge.
You will be part of a small team, in a great outdoor location, assisting with looking after the Corporation’s Central water and wastewater reticulation system and associated facilities. Your daily tasks will include assisting with preventative and routine maintenance, operation of existing treatment systems, construction of new works, ensuring we meet expectations of delivering quality water and wastewater services to our customers. You will also have administrative tasks to complete regularly and be responsive to our customers queries and service complaints.
With a foundation of working in outdoor, hands on and mechanically minded roles these skills and experience will transfer seamlessly into this role. And we will teach you the rest!
Solution focussed, enables you to solve problems that arise in a reactive and planned environment – and this does happen! An enjoyable part of this role will see you exposed to a variety of work, suiting someone who thrives in this environment.
You will join a supportive team that enjoys working together to provide a high-quality service to our community.
To be considered for this role you must have demonstrated the following:
- Minimum Year 11 education or appropriate trade qualification
- Adaptable, hands on and enjoy working outdoors and in all elements
- Physically capable of undertaking tasks in relation to the operation and maintenance of water and wastewater systems
- Flexibility to assist in emergency works after hours when required
- Strong OHS commitment and focus
- Ability to work effectively, or learn quickly, with computer-based technology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational, self-management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment, ability and experience in resolving customer enquiries whilst providing a strong customer focus
- Committed to contributing positively to your team and the organisation
- A current driver’s licence
- COVID-19 Vaccinated or Exemption
The following is desirable, however if you do not have the following then a commitment to obtaining them (via GVW) is required
- HR Truck Licence
- Qualified Backhoe Operator
- Good understanding of hydraulics and mechanical plant
- Experience working as part of a on call/roster
- Experience in the plumbing, water, or allied service industry (not essential)
Where you’ll be working…
Don’t take our word for the amazing liveability/lifestyle benefits of the Greater Shepparton region, see for yourself here
What you’ll get….
You will have the opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive organisation
- Classification GVW2: $55,142 – $74,025 + super (starting point is entry level unless you have the relevant qualification (Cert 3 Water Industry Operations), skills and experience required for this role)
- Shepparton based – regional lifestyle benefits
- Qualification in Cert 3 Water Industry Operations (not available outside water industry)
- An organisation committed to OHS and safe working practices and the wellbeing of its staff including flu vaccinations, skin checks and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Work/life balance – enjoy rostered days off (12 per year) and options to purchase additional leave
- Encouragement and support to pursue professional growth and development opportunities
- Annual performance reviews that encourage recognise and reward performance
- Supportive team culture
- Flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace
For further information on this position, please contact Elise O’Keeffe, District Manager – Central Operations on 0438 346 852
Applications close 5pm Friday 3 February 2023
Please apply via our online portal, clicking the blue “apply” button below
*Please note, when you click the apply button you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details and respond to employment related questions. You will be required to attach your cover letter, resume, and address key selection criteria when prompted
Goulburn Valley Water is an equal opportunity employer valuing all people, diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives
To apply for this job please visit www.gvwater.vic.gov.au.