Website South Gippsland Water
Classification: Level 1 03A-O3D
Salary Range: $59,193.09 – $63,275.02 Plus 10.5% superannuation
Term and Employment Type: Full Time Permanent
Flexible work arrangements available subject to negotiation
Starting Location: Leongatha/Toora Depot
Other starting locations available subject to negotiation
Reports To: Network Maintenance Team Leader Central/East in the Maintenance and Service Delivery Department, Network Maintenance Team
Direct Reports: Nil
Position Overview: Undertake identified maintenance work across South Gippsland Water’s water and sewerage networks to optimise the performance of our assets, meet key performance indicators safely, and to provide excellent customer service.
Departmental Overview: The Maintenance and Service Delivery Department undertakes preventative, reactive and corrective actions to support the SGW operations to meet required levels of asset availability while ensuring assets do not present unacceptable safety or environmental risks and maximising the assets life.
Organisational Overview: As a public sector entity, South Gippsland Water (SGW) is a Victorian Water Corporation responsible for water and wastewater service provision for over 20,000 customers located in 22 towns across a service delivery area of more than 4,000 square kilometres. We manage, maintain and operate 8 water and 12 wastewater systems.
We provide sustainable water services that are essential to the prosperity and wellbeing of our communities and natural environments.
Our Vision 2023
Our customers value the services and outstanding customer experiences proudly delivered by our capable and committed teams.
South Gippsland Water is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive, and flexible work environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in the operation, maintenance or construction of the following;
- Water and wastewater pipe and reticulation systems;
- Pumping stations
- Treatment plants.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and ability to communicate effectively with customers, colleagues and general public.
- High level of Safety, Risk management and systems operations knowledge to ensure SGW minimises risk to employees, public and stakeholders when completing maintenance work.
- An ability to apply reasoning, judgement and problem solving skills particularly in the field to resolve faults and infrastructure issues in a safe, efficient manner.
- Knowledge and experience in Occupational Health and Safety requirements and how to apply these to ensure we deliver our maintenance services safely.
- The ability to identify improvements to the South Gippsland Water Systems.
- Ability to learn and safely utilise specialised plant and equipment to perform maintenance across water and sewer networks
- Ability to learn and apply SGW’s computer systems in the field to support fault finding, capture key work order data and provide timely information to respond to customers and supervisory staff
- Self-motivated and well organised.
- Ability to provide excellence in customer service standards
- Ability to work as an individual or as an effective member of a team
- Flexible and adaptable in managing work methods and work loads
- Ability to influence and gain the cooperation of others.
- Ability to remain calm in an emergency, and manage the situation, calling on others for assistance as required.
As a member of the Network Maintenance team this position is primarily responsible for:
- Contribute to the delivery of SGW’s Maintenance programs.
- Provide high levels of customer service when undertaking maintenance activities.
- Assist in identifying assets in poor condition or operability that may require maintenance, renewal, augmentation or overhaul works including suggestion of remedial works.
- Minimising the breakdown of critical assets by identifying and implementing corrective maintenance activities prior to a breakdown occurring.
- Proactively organise materials, equipment and required documentation for the efficient delivery of identified programs of maintenance work.
- Utilise core SGW work management systems to capture key data on the maintenance, condition and performance of our assets as well as impacts to the services provided to our customers.
- Complete work at level as assigned that may differ from responsibilities described in this position description subject to consultation and reasonable support and re-training where required.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of Network Maintenance processes, systems, and communications;
- At all times adhere to the Victorian Public Sector (VPS) Code of Conduct;
- Model the South Gippsland Water Behaviours for Growth;
- Ensure reasonable care is taken for own health and safety as well as the health and safety of others. Operate consistent with SGW Occupational Health and Safety policy and procedures at all times; and
- Complying with all applicable SGW Policies and Procedures.
Highly Desirable (but not a requirement)
- Completed year 12 and/or Trade qualification or equivalent highly desirable
- Plumbing or Civil background would be highly regarded
- Construction White Card
- Confined Space
- Level 2 First Aid
- Excavator Licence or Skid Steer licence
If not current held or current, training will be provided
Satisfactory National Police Check. If having resided outside Australia in the past ten years for one year or more, an international police check will be required.
Willingness to complete pre-existing injury/illness declaration.
An inherent and ongoing requirement to participate in an after-hours on-call roster exists for this role
Current Drivers Licence (please contact us if this presents a barrier to applying for this role)
Candidates will need to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status. All SGW sites are covered by Victorian Chief Health Officer Directions and SGW COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements Policy
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated qualification or equivalent experience gained in an operations, maintenance or equivalent industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work and participate as part of a team and autonomously.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of water/sewer/network and other systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with well-developed computer skills including knowledge and understanding of Monitoring systems (SCADA).
To apply for this job please visit candidate.aurion.cloud.