Website Westernport Water
Learning & Capability Coordinator – Full Time, 12 month Contract
Band 5 ($72,683.52 to $92,412.84 per annum) plus 10% superannuation
About the Corporation
Westernport Water has transformed the way it does business. With an innovative executive and a strong commitment to its customers, it’s a great time to join the team.
In recognition of our inspirational leadership, strong employee engagement and high-performance culture, Westernport Water has been named Victorian Public Sector ‘Leading Employer’ (IPAA Awards 2018). We remain a great place to work by offering all of our employees:
• A truly flexible working environment with a range of provisions to support work/life balance
• Unique opportunities for staff to develop capability and contribute to the strategic objectives of the organisation
• Innovative systems and processes for a safe and welcoming workplace, including a highly regarded wellbeing program
• A focus on positive culture and engaged employees in alignment with our values of ‘Care, Courage and Commitment’
We are seeking enthusiastic self-starters with a ‘can do’ attitude and a genuine commitment to achieving results and delivering a high level of customer service.
About the role
The Learning & Capability Coordinator will support the growth, development and wellbeing of the Corporation’s workforce through the development of employee capability.
Westernport Water services over 19,301 customers across an area of 300 square kilometres on Phillip Island and the mainland stretching from The Gurdies to Archies Creek.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Manage and deliver the Learning & Development (L&D) function, including evaluation of the effectiveness of learning initiatives.
• Develop a deep understanding of the Corporation’s workforce development needs to ensure compliance and capability development across all employee groups.
• Develop and implement an end-to-end employee competency framework to drive performance excellence across the Corporation.
• Create and implement a talent and succession planning strategy and framework.
• Develop, deliver and evaluate projects relating to L&D and/or Organisational Development (OD) as part of the annual corporate and business plans.
• Monitor and report on the Corporation’s performance culture.
• Manage all communications for L&D, including communications strategies for all L&D projects.
• Proactively anticipate, respond to and provide quality capability solutions to changing needs.
• Monitor and advise on the Corporation’s legislative compliance in regards to training requirements in conjunction with the Workplace Health & Safety Senior Advisor and HR Coordinator.
• Report annually to the Water Industry regulators such as VPSC and DELWP.
• Develop and review L&D, succession planning and competency policies, procedures and/or manuals, and consult, communicate and provide education regarding their application across the Corporation.
• Provide support to the HR Coordinator in recruitment and selection including onboarding and off boarding.
• Facilitate the bi-annual performance appraisal process for the Corporation.
• Complete regular analysis of competencies against position descriptions to determine training and development needs Manage and update the Learning Management System (LMS), employee L&D records, together with the relevant intranet pages.
• Develop, monitor and report on the L&D budget expenditure.
It is a requirement of your application to specifically address the following Key Selection Criteria:
• Bachelor degree in a related field (Human Resource Management, Management, Business) or lesser formal qualification with extensive and diverse experience.
• Demonstrated experience in coordinating professional learning & development programs
• Experience in the development of an employee competency framework
• Demonstrated experience in development and implementation of Learning Management Systems.
• The ability to prepare complex written reports, strategies, policy and procedures.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills to engage with leaders and diverse employee groups
A full outline of duties and responsibilities can be found in the Position Description within our career portal.
You can submit your resume and covering letter outlining how you could achieve the responsibilities of the role via https://www.westernportwater.com.au/vacancies/
Applications close on 27th October 2021
Please take the time to address the Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
For further information, contact the People & Culture team at email@example.com.
Westernport Water is committed to building and maintaining a team of talented, enthusiastic people who foster a culture of inclusion and are as diverse as the community we serve. We celebrate and support differences in the workplace for the benefit of our employees and our community. We share a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
Candidates will have the opportunity to request support or reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process in order to demonstrate their ability to meet the inherent requirements of the job
To apply for this job please visit www.westernportwater.com.au.