Website Goulburn Valley Water
Infrastructure Planning Engineer
Goulburn Valley Water (GVW) provides quality water and wastewater services to 54 towns in North Central Victoria. Our core purpose is to deliver safe, reliable, and affordable water services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
If you are looking for a role with meaning, this might just be the one for you.
As part of the Planning & Climate Resilience team, you will enjoy purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future.
Located in Shepparton, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of long-term infrastructure plans for the Corporation’s water and sewer networks and treatment plants. Your input will have a direct impact on GVW’s ability to service our customers, both now and into the future.
Previous experience in the water industry and a strong capability for building and using water and sewer hydraulic models complements your engineering qualification.
Sound analytical, problem solving, and communication skills are a natural strength and will be invaluable in your liaisons with stakeholders across the business.
About your new role…
You will work within a friendly and supported team, where your professional strengths will complement their rich skills and experience to provide infrastructure planning for the Corporation.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop long term infrastructure plans for our operational footprint where we provide water and wastewater services to more than 50,000 households and more than 130,000 people in our region.
You will be joining a caring and supportive team who are based at the Shepparton Administration Centre in the Fryers Street CBD precinct. You will be afforded the ability to work flexibly, in line with GVW’s flexible working policy.
To be considered for this role you must have demonstrated some of the following:
- Degree in Engineering (Civil, Environmental or Chemical)
- Professional Engineering Registration (Victoria) or eligibility to become registered.
- Experience in the Water Industry or similar with an emphasis on future asset planning
- Proficiency in software systems including experience in hydraulic modelling and the use of water and sewer hydraulic modelling software is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of design and operations of water and sewer networks is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of water and wastewater treatment processes is desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written and presentation skills.
- Highly capable in liaising with a range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Strong OHS commitment and focus.
- Committed to contributing positively to your team and the organisation.
- A current driver’s licence.
- COVID-19 Vaccinated or Exemption
Recently graduated engineers with a strong desire to work in the Water Industry will also be considered (at GVW2 classification).
Where you’ll be working…
Don’t take our word for the amazing liveability/lifestyle benefits of the regions we service, check out these sites to learn about where you could work and play; Greater Shepparton region, Go Seymour Go Nagambie and Strathbogie Shire Podcasts
What you’ll get….
You will have the opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive organisation with strong ties to our regional community.
- Classification GVW3: $75,536 – $92,155 + superannuation (starting salary point is negotiable dependent upon relevant, qualifications, skills, and experience demonstrated)
- A Full-Time position with the opportunity to discuss flexible working options.
- 12 Rostered Day’s Off (RDO’s) per year
- Opportunity to make a difference to the team and wider organisation and contribute to the ongoing liveability and prosperity of the region you live in.
- Shepparton based – regional lifestyle benefits.
- An organisation committed to OHS and safe working practices and the wellbeing of its staff including flu vaccinations, skin checks and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Supportive team culture
- Encouragement and support to pursue professional growth and development opportunities.
- Annual performance reviews that encourage recognise and reward performance.
- Flexible, diverse, and inclusive workplace
For further information on this position, please contact Julie Murrell, Infrastructure Planning Coordinator on 0499 575 674
Applications close 5pm Friday 16 February 2024
Please visit our website to view the position description and to apply via our online portal.
*Please note, when you click the apply button you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details and respond to employment related questions. You will be required to attach your cover letter, resume, and address key selection criteria when prompted
Goulburn Valley Water is an equal opportunity employer valuing all people, diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives
To apply for this job please visit www.gvwater.vic.gov.au.