Website Seq Water
Dam Operator – Wivenhoe and Somerset
Work type: Permanent
Location: Wivenhoe and Somerset
Categories: Dam Operator
Seqwater is the Queensland Government Bulk Water Supply Authority, responsible for delivering safe, secure and cost-effective bulk water supply more than 3 million people across Southeast Queensland.
Seqwater is one of the largest water businesses with the most geographically spread and diverse asset base of any capital city water authority. Our operations extend from the New South Wales border to the base of the Toowoomba ranges.
We commit to delivering a high standard of customer service aligned to our strategic vision. We value working collaboratively with our internal & external customers to improve service delivery.
About Your Opportunity
Reporting to our Catchment & Dam Operations Supervisor, you will carry out tasks related to the release and distribution of water from these assets, including the operation and monitoring of infrastructure during flood and other emergencies.
This role is responsible for:
- Operate water distribution, release, irrigation and treatment activities to meet the required water delivery needs.
- Carry out the surveillance and inspection of dam related infrastructure to ensure their safe and efficient operation and to meet the regulatory requirements.
- Conduct and monitor the undertaking of preventative, corrective and reactive maintenance and renewals work to the required standard and in liaison with Seqwater maintenance teams.
- Operate with guidance dam related infrastructure such as valves, hydro generation equipment, water treatment systems, and pump stations.
Appointment to this role is subject to the provision of a national police check and may be subject to other medical/character requirements. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically deemed ineligible. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Hours and Locations
This role will be part of team that works on a roster including weekends, public holidays and some on-call work (shift allowances apply).
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Certificate II or higher in Water Industry Operations or deemed equivalent experience (mandatory)
- Certificate III in Water Industry Operations or higher (desirable).
- C Class Driver’s Licence for manual vehicle (mandatory).
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of small plant and equipment.
- Experience in operating water-related infrastructure.
This position has a salary range of $66,000.23 – $83,901.33 p.a. plus 12.75% superannuation.
For a more detailed preview of the work that you will be involved in for this role, feel free to take a look at the position description on our careers page – careers.seqwater.com.au We also invite you to connect with us on LinkedIn and join our growing community of followers to see all the latest news and job opportunities as and when they happen – https://www.linkedin.com/company/seqwater/
If you are looking for an extraordinary career in which you can make a real impact, we’d love to hear from you!
Submit your cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role and your resume via the Apply button.
Applications close: 11:55PM AEST, Sunday, 3rd March 2024
For further information please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note – applications cannot be accepted via email.
To apply for this job please visit careers.seqwater.com.au.