Website Goulburn Valley Water
Goulburn Valley Water (GVW) provides quality water and wastewater services to 54 towns in North Central Victoria. Our core purpose is to deliver safe, reliable and affordable water services to residential, commercial and industrial customers.
Do you have a genuine passion for customer service? Then join our Retail Customers and Billing Department and be part of a team that is passionate about providing a superior service experience.
This position provides the front-line support to customers in relation to billing, tenancy, property and debt services. You will play a crucial part in ensuring customer satisfaction and maintaining positive relationships with our community.
As part of an established and cohesive team, enjoying a positive and supportive work environment, previous experience in billing and payment processing will enable you to provide service excellence in this customer centric role.
Known for possessing exemplary communication, organisational and computer skills, your ability to adapt to and positively embrace change will allow you to evolve in this position.
About your new role…
As the first point of contact for our customers, The Customer Service Officer’s role is within a busy contact centre where we effectively manage a variety of customer requests and enquiries through various forms of communication including phone, email or in person over the counter. You will also complete tasks related to the accurate maintenance of the billing and property system, tenancy service and debt services.
You will be joining a dedicated team who are based at the Administration Building in Fryers Street – in Shepparton’s CBD Hub.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a keen interest in the water industry and who wants to make a positive impact on the community.
To be considered for this role you must have demonstrated some of the following:
- Certificate 3 or above in Business or a related field and/or minimum 3 year’s experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Customer service principles and practices
- Proficiency in using customer or billing related computer applications – intermediate PC skills.
- Demonstrated experience providing high quality customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet quality performance standards in a busy contact centre and/or transaction processing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with computer-based technology.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational, self-management and problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude, empathy and a passion for helping others
- Strong OHS commitment and focus.
- A current motor vehicle licence is essential.
- COVID-19 Vaccinated or Exemption
Where you’ll be working…
Don’t take our word for the amazing liveability/lifestyle benefits of the regions we service, check out these sites to learn about where you could work and play; Greater Shepparton region, Go Seymour Go Nagambie and Strathbogie Shire Podcasts
What you’ll get….
You will have the opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive organisation with strong ties to our regional community.
- Classification GVW2: $55,142 – $74,025 + super (salary starting point is dependent upon relevant qualifications, skills and experience)
- A Full-Time position with the opportunity to discuss flexible working options.
- Shepparton based – regional lifestyle benefits.
- 12 Rostered Day’s Off (RDO’s) per year
- Play a key public facing role, supporting our customers.
- Opportunity to make a difference to the team and wider organisation and contribute to the ongoing liveability and prosperity of the region you live in
- An organisation committed to OHS and safe working practices and the wellbeing of its staff including flu vaccinations, skin checks, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Strong leadership team
- Work/life balance – we encourage you to discuss flexible working options
- Encouragement and support to pursue professional growth and development opportunities
- Annual performance reviews that encourage, recognise and reward performance.
- Supportive team culture
- Flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace
For further information, please contact Laurienne Winbanks, Manager – Retail Customers & Billing on 0455 744 890
Applications close 5pm Friday 6 October 2023
Please visit our website to view position description and to apply via our online portal
*Please note, when you click the apply button you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details and respond to employment related questions. You will be required to attach your cover letter, resume, and address key selection criteria when prompted
Goulburn Valley Water is an equal opportunity employer valuing all people, diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives
To apply for this job please visit www.gvwater.vic.gov.au.