Website Central Coast Council
“YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE”
Primary Work Location: Central Coast, NSW
- Deliver critical civil works within water and sewer for the local community
- Work/Life Balance – 9 day fortnight with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available
- Permanent Full Time
- Leaseback Vehicle/Vehicle Allowance
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Council is committed to providing safe environments that protect the physical, emotional, cultural and social wellbeing of children on the Central Coast.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour’s drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
Central Coast Council is the third largest water utility (or water and sewage service) in NSW servicing 139,000 homes and businesses in a growing region.
In contributing to the overarching vision and purpose, the role of Civil Works Engineer is responsible for assisting employees and management to align strategic, operational and organisational objectives for civil work functions ensuring the safe, compliant and efficient delivery of water and sewage services for customers.
With coverage of approximately 4,200km of water and sewer mains, 80 reservoirs and 350 pumping stations, this is a critical role and a key member in the Network Maintenance team.
The position of Civil Works Engineer is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Key activities of this role include:
- Provide engineering technical support to teams within Water and Sewer Network Maintenance
- Develop, compile and continuously improve detailed technical specifications, work instructions, procedures, Safe Work Method Statements, Environmental Assessments for use in Network Maintenance
- Compile, plan and implement scheduled maintenance programs and condition assessment reports associated with civil assets using the IPS work order management system
- Oversee the project management of various projects as required including managing budgets, schedules, risk, quality and safety
- Undertake investigations, prepare ad-hoc or routine reports as required and implement innovative solutions
- Assist the team with ensuring unit compliance with Work Health Safety, Water Quality, Work Quality and Environmental requirements
- Assist with ongoing review and analysis of civil operating and maintenance costs to provide operational cost efficiencies for Civil services
- Degree qualification in Engineering or related field OR demonstrated solid contemporary experience in a similar role combined with ongoing professional development
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Construction General Induction Card
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of water and sewer assets such as pumping stations, mains and reservoirs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with managers, peers and field teams
- Demonstrated skills and experience in project management and the ability to research, problem solve, manage and deliver projects on time and within budget
- Demonstrated ability in strong interpersonal and communication skills including high level ability to negotiate, influence, consult and resolve technical and non-technical matters involving employees and stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with developing and implementing scheduled maintenance programs and compiling condition assessment reports associated with civil assets for water and sewer
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community
- You will be joining a team of Professionals who excel at what they do
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation
- We offer an attractive range of benefits to our employees.
What we offer:
- Weekly pay cycle
- Generous leave provisions: 20 days paid Annual Leave, 15 days Sick Leave/Carers Leave, Health and Wellbeing Leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, Additional purchased leave, Parental Leave – 18 weeks full pay/36 weeks ½ pay, Paternity Leave – 2 weeks
- Novated leasing
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to employees and their families
- Fitness Passport – access to gyms across the Central Coast and Newcastle
- Health and wellbeing programs – skin cancer screening, Breastscreen, Flu vaccination, blood donations
- Recognition of service
- Professional Development opportunities
- Individual career development and learning opportunities
- Reward & Recognition programs.
Please refer to the position description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a commencing salary range of between $96.3kk to $115.5k per annum dependent on skills and experience + 11% superannuation.
A leaseback vehicle is provided in this role for official duties and private use and your choice of vehicle will be provided when one becomes available in accordance with Council’s Vehicle Policy. In the meantime, either an alternate pre-used vehicle or a vehicle allowance of $200 per week ($10,450 per annum) is temporarily applied for this position due to ongoing issues with supply for new vehicles.
Successful candidates may be required to undertake a course of vaccinations against Hepatitis A and B and Tetanus or demonstrate their immunity.
Central Coast Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of our employees. In accordance with Council’s WHS requirements and COVID-19 Safety Plans we require all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Enquiries: Stefan Radovich Section Manager Network Maintenance on 0488 001 854.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at midnight on Sunday 3 December 2023.
To apply for this job please visit centralcoast.applynow.net.au.