Website Wannon Water
Closing Date: 11/06/2023
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Job Category: Trades & Services
Who are we looking for
We need a Civil Maintenance Officer for an ongoing, full-time position located in Warrnambool. This role comes with a salary of $64,010.18 to $69,288.02 p.a. plus superannuation On-call allowance and overtime also apply.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll perform maintenance activities to support the efficient operation of our water and sewerage network assets.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be:
- Delivering proactive and reactive maintenance activities for our water distribution systems and wastewater systems
- Monitoring and recording asset condition information using field-based work management systems to ensure business performance targets are met.
- Ensuring safe work practices are applied in daily activities and promoting the importance of a safe work environment to support the ongoing safety of all our employees and members of the public.
- Overseeing contractors working on our assets as required, and ensuring these operational activities are carried out safely according to our policies and procedures.
- Helping to identify ongoing improvement practices and efficiencies to deliver high-quality services for our customers.
- Upholding our values and performance standards.
- After successful completing your qualifying period and training, you will undertake on-call duties from time to time, as part of the team’s after-hours roster.
Desired Skills and Experience
What you’ll bring
We’re looking for someone with
- A strong work ethic who is highly motivated.
- An ability to work under limited supervision
- Proficient oral and communication skills
- An ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Sensitivity to customer needs.
Ideally, you’ll have a background in plumbing, construction or other related industries, with experience with work management systems and similar applications.
For further details, see the position description available here.
We look forward in hearing from you. If you have any questions, please call Denis Holmes (Coordinator Civil Maintenance) on 1300 926 666.
What we can offer
Putting people first comes naturally to us, and that includes the people we employ. At Wannon Water, you’ll have every opportunity to make the most of your talents, broaden your experiences and be rewarded for the great work you do.
You will be offered a range of great benefits including:
- Workplace flexibility with access to working arrangements such as flexible hours, purchased leave, monthly rostered days off and more.
- An inclusive workplace culture, which embraces diversity and the benefits it brings to the workplace and life.
- A leadership commitment to Zero Harm where the safety and wellbeing of our people and others is paramount.
- A Health & Wellbeing program, to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing, including our Employee Assistance Program for our people and their immediate families.
- Extensive learning and development opportunities and access to professional development through associations such as WIOA, CPA, IWC, WSAA, VicWater, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and our commitment to creating and supporting an inclusive culture is reflected in our diverse mix of talented people who are passionate delivering their best.
We welcome applications from everyone including people with a disability, job seekers of all ages, carers, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, members of the LGBTI+ community, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
• A Work180 endorsed employer.
• A member of the Diversity Council Australia.
• An accredited member of the Healthy Workplaces Achievement Program.
Ready to find out about our employee benefits? Visit Our Careers page and discover more about us.
Sounds like you?
Applications close: 11:59pm Sunday 11 June 2023
Click APPLY and you will be taken through to the Wannon Water Careers Portal to complete your application. Once there, you will be prompted to answer a few simple questions and upload your cover letter and CV.
As part of your cover letter, please outline how your skills and experience meet the role requirements (as outlined in the position description).
Applicants will be required to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccinations
To apply for this job please visit wannonwater.elmotalent.com.au.