Website Gippsland Water
Permanent full time position
Starting salary $85,000 plus superannuation
We take pride in our place in the Gippsland community. We are a quality essential service and support the health, safety and wellbeing of our community and staff. We are a significant employer in the region, working closely with our stakeholders towards an increasingly prosperous Gippsland.
We are innovative and committed to ensuring that Gippsland Water remains a great place to work. We do this by:
- Offering a flexible and stimulating workplace and investing in our people to enable us to adapt to the changing needs of our business and our region.
- Building the capability and culture of our people into a more highly skilled, professional, customer focused and efficient organisation.
- Building a diverse and inclusive organisation, where our people feel safe to bring their full and authentic self to work.
If you have a passion for Risk and Emergency Management, along with a drive to establish your career, and even if you feel you don’t have all the skills right now, that’s fine by us, we will give the right person the support to get there.
We also provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Gippsland Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
You will support the Business Resilience Leader to implement and oversee the delivery of frameworks for risk, emergency management, business continuity, insurance, and staff awareness and training programs. With a focus on continuous improvement and developing a positive resilience culture, the Business Resilience Advisor must be adaptable to the changes to our risk profile and evolving customer needs.
What you’ll bring
- The ability to guide, train and provide ongoing support to teams and individuals in the practical implementation of the risk management framework, software and systems.
- Experience in communicating with influence and empathy across all levels of the organisation, and to external customers.
- An ability to propose and implement innovative solutions to complex problems whilst also adapting to change and embracing digital solutions
- A commitment to working safely, even during times of peak activity
We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations and accrued days off. We understand that Gippsland Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
How to apply
For specific enquiries relating to this position, please contact Michael Rowell, Manager Commercial Services on 0418 468 699.
Applications close at 11pm on Wednesday 10 August 2022.
Before applying for the position applicants should read the position description and included selection criteria. All applicants need to provide a statement addressing all selection criteria along with a copy of your current resume to be considered for this position.
Please note that if you do not fully address the selection criteria you may be excluded from being shortlisted for further progression in the recruitment process.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and a National Police Check.
Further information: A position description and instructions on how to apply can be obtained from our website www.gippswater.com.au/careers or by contacting Recruitment on 03 5177 4709.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.