Exciting new program to develop future leaders in the Victorian water industry
The Network Operator Development Program has been established to identify, mentor and develop future leaders in the Network Operations field across the Victorian Water Industry.
The program aims to expand the knowledge, skillset, network of colleagues and practical experience of Network Operators by exposing them to strategic thinking and best practice initiatives in technology, business management and leadership.
Graduates will be provided tools enabling them to learn how to identify and implement best practice approaches, increase productivity and enhance a professional culture within their respective organisations, in order to deliver an improved customer focus in their O&M related activities.
Participants will be exposed to a range of training delivery techniques including structured workshops, field days, technical sessions, comparative analysis of practices within the industry, conference attendance and projects.
The program involves one day each month over an eight month period, with sessions held at venues across the state depending on the content of the particular day.
Network Operator Development Program Brochure (182kb PDF)
Program participants accepted
| Leadership and the Water Industry
||Water Reticulation Systems
||Wastewater Collection Systems
||Pumps and Pumping Systems
||Xylem - Mentone
||Evaluation wrap up, conference presenter support and field trip
||WIOA Victorian Conference
Participants will be expected to contribute some of their own time and resources to participate in the program. This could include travel time or completing assigned tasks away from work.
One participant each year to be awarded the WIOA Network Operator of the Year, that will be announced at the WIOA Conference Awards Dinner. The winner will receive $3,000 towards their continued professional development (sponsored by Water Training Australia).
A certificate of participation shall be awarded to all participants who successfully complete the Program.
Applications will be accepted up until COB on 20 November annually. Applications forms need to be signed by the direct line supervisor and manager of the applicant.
The selection criteria for program participants include:
- More than 50% progress towards or completion of a Certificate III in Water Industry Operations.
- A high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Potential to lead work teams or projects.
- Ability to work within a diverse group.
- Ability to be able to produce reports.
- Ability to problem solve and contribute to innovation and continuous improvement.
- Ability to communicate, influence and present to a wider audience.
To successfully complete the program it is expected that program participants will:
- Attend all of the workshops and the WIOA Victorian conference as a delegate.
- Complete the projects and activities as assigned at each workshop.
- Complete at least one presentation during the program. A number of the best presentations will be presented again at the WIOA Victorian Conference.
- Proactively participate in all aspects of the program and contribute to discussions
- Build a network to engage with other participants, presenters and mentors.
- Conduct at least 2 presentations to their workplace team about the program and their progress in it.
Corporations are expected to provide an appropriate amount of time during normal working hours to allow the applicant to complete their assigned tasks between workshops, as well as provide the necessary guidance and support for the duration of the program.
Network Operator Development Program Application Form (264kb Word)
Network Operator Development Program Application Form (126kb PDF)
Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 November.
Further information can be obtained by contacting email@example.com or phone 03 5821 6744.
Last updated on