Permanent, Full Time, 9 Day Fortnight Level 4 ($69,084 – $73,221 pa) + up to 12% Super
Banana Shire Council has an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and experienced treatment plant operator providing leadership and supervision in the Water Services Section of Council. Our purpose is to deliver safe and quality water to residential, commercial and industrial customers. This role is responsible for the day to day operations of the treatment facilities (Moura STP & WTP, Baralaba WTP and Banana chlorination) and the delivery of associated activities.
Our successful candidate will have:
• Certificate III Water Treatment Operations (Certificate IV Water Operations or related discipline will be advantageous);
• Construction Induction Card (White/Blue)
• A minimum of a current class C drivers licence;
• Extensive water and sewage treatment experience and sound knowledge of legislative requirements applicable to Treatment Operations including Drinking Water Quality Management and Recycled Water Management Plans;
• The ability to supervise, build relationships, mentor and liaise/negotiate with a diverse range of people;
• Computer literate and experience working with control systems such as SCADA (Citect) / Telemetry systems (Clear SCADA).
In addition to conditions that are the envy of the private sector, we offer flexible work arrangements, an unbeatable work/life balance and generous education and professional development support.
If you are interested in applying for this role, you must complete an application package and address the selection criteria which can be obtained from our website www.banana.qld.gov.au or call 07 4992 9500.
Applications close Friday, 23 February 2018
About Banana Shire
Banana Shire is situation in Central Queensland, 120km west of the growing industrial city and port of Gladstone and an easy drive to the city of Rockhampton. Major industries in the shire include coal mining, beef production, power generation, dryland cropping and irrigation cropping such as lucerne and cotton.
Direct flights to the Shire from Brisbane arrive at the Thangool Aerodrome.
The Shire supports numerous industries and basic services. Biloela has an excellent PCYC complex. Banana Shire provides a variety of recreation, employment, education and lifestyle options. Sport and recreation play a major role in the lifestyle of Banana Shire residents with over 470 community and sporting groups to choose from.
The Shire has many natural attractions including gorges, rivers and National Parks such as the Glebe Weir and Expedition National Park, Lake Murphy, Kroombit Tops and Mt. Scoria Conservation Parks, and the Isla Gorge.
The Dawson River and Callide Dam provide opportunities for fishing and water sports. The Shire can also provide many adventures for the 4WD enthusiast.
Shire of Opportunity
Banana Shire is progressive with many opportunities in industry, business and tourism.