We currently have an opportunity for someone to join our Water and Waste team.
This position will see you assisting with operating, constructing and maintaining water and wastewater networks. This work is both planned and reactive offering variety.
You will have considerable interaction within the water and sewage work teams and Utilities Engineers to complete both the tasks at hand and the planning of future team activities.
Key to your success will be your ability to follow standard operating procedures and standards and work to minimise health and environmental impacts at all times.
The criteria for this position are: Essential Criteria
• Previous relevant industry experience in the maintenance and construction of a water and sewage network or equivalent
• Certificate III in Water Operations or willingness to obtain
• General Construction Induction
• Confined spaces certificate.
• Demonstrated experience in ensuring safe working practices.
• Current Class LR drivers licence.
• Demonstrated ability to use oxy acetylene welding equipment such as silver and soft solder
• Available to respond to afterhours calls outs within 60 minutes
• Tickets in traffic management
• Heavy machinery tickets/licences/certificate of competency such as operating excavators and backhoe.
• Current MR Drivers Licence
• Demonstrated Asbestos Awareness
You will also need to be available to work a seven (7) day roster, hold safety as a genuine value and be a strong team player.
This position is offered on a permanent full-time basis working 38 hours per week and is placed at Grade 7 of the salary system ($53,298 to $59,953 per annum plus superannuation)
This position also offers a rostered day off (RDO) every 4 weeks, work wear and opportunities for ongoing professional development.
To apply for this position please complete the online questionnaire and ensure you provide a copy of your resume and a cover letter.
Addressing the selection criteria via the online application is a mandatory section and must be completed to progress your application.
http://wioa.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Singleton-Council1.jpg177216Sherrynhttp://wioa.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/WIOA-logo-300x187.pngSherryn2017-10-04 09:48:202017-10-04 17:10:59Network Operator - Water and Sewage
Address: PO Box 6012, Shepparton Victoria 3632
24 New Dookie Road, Shepparton Victoria 3630